IGNORED

Fire in the Hole!!!

SilvrT

I could never live in the states. No offense meant, it's just not my thing. I'm too "Canadianized"....and my pension wouldn't be worth spit in USD.

But Vancouver Island sounds better and better the older I get......that's about as mild as it gets in Canada. You were lucky to get one dump of snow a year when I was in Comox and temps usually hovered right around 0 to 5C in winter months......

Vancouver Island is not perfect, last night when I got off work at 23:30 there was frost on my seat. Nothing like a chilly butt to hasten one on his way. Fortunately the frost had not reached the road level.

After all, it will be YOUR fault if scumbag steals your truck, NOT the scumbag!!

Had a scumbag steal my sons truck out of his driveway one night last year. Keys were in it.{Duh} Anyway, cops followed the truck and gave chase. The scumbag drove it off the road and into a grape vineyard. The cops followed. The scumbag then ditches the truck and runs for it on foot. Our finest lets him runaway without a chase. {can't get dirty} Now our finest knows whos truck it is but calls the tow truck. The tow truck hauls the truck to the cop shop to be fingerprinted. Cops call son to pick up his truck in the morning. He shows up to get the truck which is covered with black fingerprint dust and cannot leave until he pays $185.00 impound fee. Now you tell me who is the thief? Scumbag was never caught. Policework at its finest. :happy34:

Had a scumbag steal my sons truck out of his driveway one night last year. Keys were in it.{Duh} Anyway, cops followed the truck and gave chase. The scumbag drove it off the road and into a grape vineyard. The cops followed. The scumbag then ditches the truck and runs for it on foot. Our finest lets him runaway without a chase. {can't get dirty} Now our finest knows whos truck it is but calls the tow truck. The tow truck hauls the truck to the cop shop to be fingerprinted. Cops call son to pick up his truck in the morning. He shows up to get the truck which is covered with black fingerprint dust and cannot leave until he pays $185.00 impound fee. Now you tell me who is the thief? Scumbag was never caught. Policework at its finest. :happy34:

I "get it" but... wouldn't insurance have covered that? (assuming he had it)

I have been told by a few people that insurance will not cover if the keys were in it when it was stolen, because you did not take reasonable precautions to protect it.

Remote starts are legal here because the keys are not in it and there are anti theft features built into every remote start system.

I have been told by a few people that insurance will not cover if the keys were in it when it was stolen, because you did not take reasonable precautions to protect it.

Remote starts are legal here because the keys are not in it and there are anti theft features built into every remote start system.

Correct. The state of NY will not issue plates and registration without proof of insurance. Is this any different where you live? I never could understand how anyone could get plates for their car without Insurance in NYS. Unless they are stolen or switched.

Here in WI you do not need to show proof of ins to get plates or register but by law you are required to have ins. In NY if I change ins companies in the middle of the year and then do not renew, does the ins notify the state to come and take your plate away? If not it would be real easy to not have ins.

Here in WI you do not need to show proof of ins to get plates or register but by law you are required to have ins. In NY if I change ins companies in the middle of the year and then do not renew, does the ins notify the state to come and take your plate away? If not it would be real easy to not have ins.

The county sheriff deputies do this around here. The insurance company notifies the DMV that your car is uninsured and you too by mail. A $85.00 fine is imposed by mail if it is not ratified quickly. Most sheriff cars now have plate readers mounted on the back of their cars behind the rear window tilted down to read on the fly all about your car. If it goes off your busted. Its getting hard to beat big brother anymore. Gotta love NY there is not a tax that they have not thought up. It lives up to its motto "The Empire State". Get it, like the evil "Star Wars" empire if you ask me.:bowdown: