IGNORED

VentureRider Gremlin bells

Pegasus1300

I was cleaning out some drawers and I found 2 gremlin bells. I am willing to pass these on to any VentureRiders forum member who does not currently have a bell. I will stand the cost of postage to any body in the lower 48. let me know if there is any interest.

​All Gone. Thank you for your interest.

Edited by Pegasus1300

I don't think I need one for the second gen, but probably should put one on the first gen. If ya still have one, I'll take it. :guitarist 2:
Having owned several of each myself I am happy to give your 87 the protection it deserves. PM me your information as to where you want it sent.

So all gone thank you gentlemen for helping me out. Ride with them in good health.

• 2 weeks later...

To Eck and Uncledj I apologize for the delay in your bells. I was called out of town and just got back. Eck I have your information so will get your bell out right away. Uncledj I have not heard from you yet. Please pm me your information so I can your bell off to you. I can't pm you until you clean out your inbox.

To Eck and Uncledj I apologize for the delay in your bells. I was called out of town and just got back. Eck I have your information so will get your bell out right away. Uncledj I have not heard from you yet. Please pm me your information so I can your bell off to you. I can't pm you until you clean out your inbox.

Absolutely no hurry my friend. No need to rush it out. :happy34:

Just more bling Kiwi :Bunny:]

Actually they are a little bell that folks tie on their scoots to spook off Gremlins :Bunny:,, no really,, stop laughing,, we really do that here in the states :nanner::big-grin-emoticon::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

I had one once but either the Gremlins stole it during the night OR it got torn off on the willy weeds (now dont go asking me what willy weeds are - you should have LOTS of those in New Zealand) while looking for a place to camp.. Problem I always found with them is that according to my anti Gremlin book, your suppose to hang them as close to the ground as possible to keep the Gremlin critters away.. After loosing my bell (and some of my marbles) I decided to switch to stickers and have found them just as effective as a bell in Gremblin Protection.. :rotfl:

Here is a link to Gremlin Bell

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEVER-RIDE-FASTER-Guardian-Bell-Motorcycle-Harley-Accessory-HD-Gremlin-NEW-/380799294536?hash=item58a9681c48:g:v9cAAMXQd75SKheK&vxp=mtr

PS!! Steve, I noticed that pic of you out hunting in that other thread - OUTSTANDING = my kind of people brother!!! You should come here go "Snipe" hunting with us sometime - YOU WOULD LOVE IT!!!!

The Story

Legend has it that Evil Road Spirits have been latching themselves on to motorcycles for as long as there have been bikes on the road. These Evil Road Spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along a journey.

Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bell onto your bike, the Evil Road Spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground. (Ever wonder where potholes come from?)

Legend also has it that the mystery of the Guardian™ Bell carries twice as much power when it is purchased by a friend or loved one and given as a gift.

Show someone how much you care. Offer them defense against the Evil Road Spirits! Give a Guardian™ Bell and share the Legend of Good Luck it offers to a motorcycle and its rider!

The Story

Legend has it that Evil Road Spirits have been latching themselves on to motorcycles for as long as there have been bikes on the road. These Evil Road Spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along a journey.

Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bell onto your bike, the Evil Road Spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground. (Ever wonder where potholes come from?)

Legend also has it that the mystery of the Guardian™ Bell carries twice as much power when it is purchased by a friend or loved one and given as a gift.

Show someone how much you care. Offer them defense against the Evil Road Spirits! Give a Guardian™ Bell and share the Legend of Good Luck it offers to a motorcycle and its rider!

Thank you for the explanation....I will now put mine on even if I bought it . Half the protection is better than none:group cheers:

Ok at the risk of severe mocking...

WHAT IS A GREMLIN BELL!!!!????

Just more bling Kiwi :Bunny:]

Actually they are a little bell that folks tie on their scoots to spook off Gremlins :Bunny:,, no really,, stop laughing,, we really do that here in the states :nanner::big-grin-emoticon::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

I had one once but either the Gremlins stole it during the night OR it got torn off on the willy weeds (now dont go asking me what willy weeds are - you should have LOTS of those in New Zealand) while looking for a place to camp.. Problem I always found with them is that according to my anti Gremlin book, your suppose to hang them as close to the ground as possible to keep the Gremlin critters away.. After loosing my bell (and some of my marbles) I decided to switch to stickers and have found them just as effective as a bell in Gremblin Protection.. :rotfl:

Here is a link to Gremlin Bell

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEVER-RIDE-FASTER-Guardian-Bell-Motorcycle-Harley-Accessory-HD-Gremlin-NEW-/380799294536?hash=item58a9681c48:g:v9cAAMXQd75SKheK&vxp=mtr

PS!! Steve, I noticed that pic of you out hunting in that other thread - OUTSTANDING = my kind of people brother!!! You should come here go "Snipe" hunting with us sometime - YOU WOULD LOVE IT!!!!

The Story

Thank you for the explanation....I will now put mine on even if I bought it . Half the protection is better than none:group cheers:

You are more than welcome Bert,, glad to help brother!!

There is a little more to the story... Basically it's a theory of my own that revolves around the thought that Gremlins are/were actually Shovelhead Harley parts but ergo, that is another story in itself and my fingers are getting tired :big-grin-emoticon:

You are more than welcome Bert,, glad to help brother!!

There is a little more to the story... Basically it's a theory of my own that revolves around the thought that Gremlins are/were actually Shovelhead Harley parts but ergo, that is another story in itself and my fingers are getting tired :big-grin-emoticon:

Ok, I first read this two hours ago Puc, apart from my sides hurting!!!! I have still not really fathomed out weather you are muckin with me, though that "story" seems well written...

You see as an apprentice printer quiet some years ago I remember "almost" falling for the old "go to the engineer and ask for a LONG WEIGHT (wait...) routine...

Ya not going to get me that easily mate !!!!!

Ok, I first read this two hours ago Puc, apart from my sides hurting!!!! I have still not really fathomed out weather you are muckin with me, though that "story" seems well written...

You see as an apprentice printer quiet some years ago I remember "almost" falling for the old "go to the engineer and ask for a LONG WEIGHT (wait...) routine...

Ya not going to get me that easily mate !!!!!

Well Kiwi,, thankfully at least ONE of these varmints had the decency to jump in and stick up for me:2143:.. I aint mucking with ya at all,,, it's all true...:happy34:

Now that you got my attention though I may as well tell ya the rest of the story,, some corraberating evidence of what my theory is based on concerning why I think the whole Gremlin Bell thing is based on fallen Harley parts..

I have been doing the Sturgis Rally for many years.. A long time ago my brother in law (great guy - you would love em) decided he wanted to try a Sturgis Rally with me. This was back in the day when Harley riders were pretty hard core and they would take metric bikes and hang them from trees during the Rally.. After a pre trip discussion of how Sturgis works and how much fun it was gonna be to pick up old Harley parts (and hats/gloves/bandana's) along the roadways during the rally (get it - these were pre-Gremlin Bell days), my brother in law (I nicknamed him Tobe) did a little :scratchchin: and began to show a sign nervousness about it all cause we were both riding Yam's - I remember him looking at me and saying "tell me more about this hanging business" - I told him not worry cause those ol shovelhead HD riders would have to catch us to hang us.. :178:

I have camped on the prairie during the rally for years (still do), I have a special spot not far from the Buffalo Chip that is a couple miles out of town. This was the day and age before Law Enforcement had a good handle on the surrounding areas and the roadway leading into Sturgis from my campground was a literal drag strip covered with thousands of bikes seeing who could get into town first - sooooo much fun:stickpoke:.. About the 3rd day we were there, we headed into town and I noticed the typical mixture of parts/pieces/clothing collecting along side the road and a really cool leather cap caught my eye - time for souvenier hunting to begin.. I stopped to go shopping but Tobe didn't notice me stop and he kept on going.. I put the hat on and re-entered the race to see if I could find Tobe.. I may have stopped and picked up more stuff too, cant remember that for sure but I do know that "the Gremlins" caused Tobe and I to loose a whole day of riding together cause we could not find each other in the mass hysteria known as "Sturgis".. The End

On a side note,,,, Tobe told me later that he looked EVERYWHERE for me.. He said he even went to the Cop Shop (what we called the Police Department back then) and asked if they had seen me.. He said the officer at the front desk looked at him and said "we don't usually file a missing person's report until 24 hours has passed" and then asked Tobe "when was the last time you saw your brother in law?".. Tobe said he told the officer that the last time he saw me was in his rear view mirror and I was standing on the seat of my bike going no handed in a crowd of other motorcycles.. Tobe said the officer did a :yikes:,,, :think: a little and said "hold on - I will go see if we have him" :witch_brew:

Ohhhhh how I miss those pre-Gremblin days..:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::checkeredflag:

The End For Real...

Well Kiwi,, thankfully at least ONE of these varmints had the decency to jump in and stick up for me:2143:.. I aint mucking with ya at all,,, it's all true...:happy34:

Now that you got my attention though I may as well tell ya the rest of the story,, some corraberating evidence of what my theory is based on concerning why I think the whole Gremlin Bell thing is based on fallen Harley parts..

I have been doing the Sturgis Rally for many years.. A long time ago my brother in law (great guy - you would love em) decided he wanted to try a Sturgis Rally with me. This was back in the day when Harley riders were pretty hard core and they would take metric bikes and hang them from trees during the Rally.. After a pre trip discussion of how Sturgis works and how much fun it was gonna be to pick up old Harley parts (and hats/gloves/bandana's) along the roadways during the rally (get it - these were pre-Gremlin Bell days), my brother in law (I nicknamed him Tobe) did a little :scratchchin: and began to show a sign nervousness about it all cause we were both riding Yam's - I remember him looking at me and saying "tell me more about this hanging business" - I told him not worry cause those ol shovelhead HD riders would have to catch us to hang us.. :178:

I have camped on the prairie during the rally for years (still do), I have a special spot not far from the Buffalo Chip that is a couple miles out of town. This was the day and age before Law Enforcement had a good handle on the surrounding areas and the roadway leading into Sturgis from my campground was a literal drag strip covered with thousands of bikes seeing who could get into town first - sooooo much fun:stickpoke:.. About the 3rd day we were there, we headed into town and I noticed the typical mixture of parts/pieces/clothing collecting along side the road and a really cool leather cap caught my eye - time for souvenier hunting to begin.. I stopped to go shopping but Tobe didn't notice me stop and he kept on going.. I put the hat on and re-entered the race to see if I could find Tobe.. I may have stopped and picked up more stuff too, cant remember that for sure but I do know that "the Gremlins" caused Tobe and I to loose a whole day of riding together cause we could not find each other in the mass hysteria known as "Sturgis".. The End

On a side note,,,, Tobe told me later that he looked EVERYWHERE for me.. He said he even went to the Cop Shop (what we called the Police Department back then) and asked if they had seen me.. He said the officer at the front desk looked at him and said "we don't usually file a missing person's report until 24 hours has passed" and then asked Tobe "when was the last time you saw your brother in law?".. Tobe said he told the officer that the last time he saw me was in his rear view mirror and I was standing on the seat of my bike going no handed in a crowd of other motorcycles.. Tobe said the officer did a :yikes:,,, :think: a little and said "hold on - I will go see if we have him" :witch_brew:

Ohhhhh how I miss those pre-Gremblin days..:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::checkeredflag:

The End For Real...

Well, that's me told!!!! Awesome, as per usual Puc!!!!! cheers for that, now... do we have "gremlins" down under...