IGNORED

Quick car question.

Yammer Dan

I got a son-in-law selling cars now thinks to obummer. My question is he has a Buick Verano (spelling) Its a 2012 with only 1232 miles. That's right less than 2000 mile and fully loaded. I mean about everything. I can get it for $18000.00. I'm thinking that is a great deal for what it is. Thing is I don't really need a car but it would help the kids a little and if I got that thing I would probally never need another car. MG6 has 72k miles on it and would lat me for a lot of years yet the way I treat one. I can't afford as much as I could with this retirement crap but I could buy it. 18k for a 2012?? It won't sit long I'm sure. Never been one to buy car just cause I can and want it. After all its not a Bike!!! What I'm asking I guess is what the hell do I want to trade cars for???Or should I trade?? My G6 Pontiac has a lot more left in it but that Buick would probally do me forever. If I have you as cornfused as I am right now Would you buy?? Warden is all for it because it will help kids a little. I'm good with that but how smart a move does it sound like??? I'm not crazy about my Pontiac but this Buick looks sharp. :backinmyday:

Should I or shouldn't I??? :think:

Dan, hate to tell you but it sounds a little high. I just did a quick search and then built it on KBB. I built the "Leather sedan" which is the very top of the line. I added every option available including navigation, premium sound, moon roof, premium wheels and etc. Everything you can get on one. Even with 1200 miles the average private party value is about 14,382.

Of course private party value is typically a bit less than dealer price because they will tell you that dealers have done inspections, made any necessary repairs, etc. We all know that some are better than others at that but regardless, the dealer price comes to about 16,787 if it is a certified pre-owned from a Buick dealer. If it is not certified, it comes to about 16,312.

So, if you really love the car and plan to buy it, I would do some negotiating. I don't know much about that model so can't give you any inside on the actual car.

Kim has a 2014 Verano loaded, nice little car, She has the turbo 4cyl. it is fast! I think that price is high. Doubt you could flip it and make any money. Did you try getting in and out of it? Might not be real easy with a bum leg?

Craig

If you buy the car you will be helping the dealer more than the kids.

If what this is really about is helping the kids everyone (except the dealer) would come out ahead if you just handed the kids cash.

My very first thought!!

Auto dealers, whether new or used say they want to make friends. The bottom line is that are in it to make money period ! There's nothing wrong with that because that's the way the world works but it's up to the consumer to decide how much money the dealer will make on each transaction.

Your call -

I do like it and figured it might be my last car if I took care of it. Not trying to be morbid?? Right word? But I'm a little past 21 and haven't been perking the best. I'll do some more checking. My G6 is in good mechanical shape and would last for a long time. I was looking at that mileage and thinking Buick Certified. Free oil changes for 2 yrs . Free tire rotations. Not sure what else yet.Thanks I'm going to do some looking.

It's a fairly small car, smaller than your G6 isn't it? If you can live with one that small, it probably is as nice as you will find, almost new and much cheaper than new.

Me, I love the size, comfort and power of my big Dodge Magnum with the Hemi!! I'm retired also and I only drive about 7 k miles a year split between my 02 F150 4x4 and my 05 Dodge Magnum. My wife has an 2013 Infiniti EX37, the small crossover suv, with 10k miles on it and when we go on a trip, she wants to go in my Magnum that has 103k miles on it because it is more comfortable.

Pouring the Snow down!!:Avatars_Gee_George: Gives me a good excuse not to continue this project for a couple days!! I do like the Buick and its about the same size as my G6. Better equipped. Bout 74k less miles. I'm thinking......They need to drop that price and give me a good Trade!!:backinmyday::backinmyday:

Brother-in-law had a Buick once. Engine blew so he put a Pontiac engine in it. From then on we called it the Buneack. Thats all I know about Buicks. My only requirement for a different vehicle is can I get in and out of it easiley. I had a disabled friend looking for a new vehicle once, he had a stroke that left his left side rigid so he used a cane alot and he took me with him to look at some deals he had found. He pointed out to me that Fords in general have farther opening doors then most GMs that he was looking at. I never really thought much about ease of acess till then. But now it is on my mind as I get older. :2cents:

Only auto I've thought of recently that I would like to buy is that 2007 Corvette Z06 with 427 cu in 505 hp, 3,147lbs. with only 5,800 miles on it that my son thought about buying. He bought the new GT Mustang instead for less money. But, I'm retired. I can't rationalize spending $39k on anything that frivolous.

My new impala had to be serviced today, the onstar module wasn't working when we bought the impala. So when I dropped the impala off at the dealer they put me in a 2016 buick lacrosse, I like it, the heated seats were super awesome. Other than that, the buick was exactly the same as the impala. But my next car will have heated seats I'm telling ya.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk