IGNORED

My husband has made me a happy wife!

GAWildKat

As many of you know, I was in an accident in October. My traverse was in the shop since the wreck, well it came home yesterday. This morning Mike traded it in on a 2015 chevy impala. He said it was time I had a better car than the traverse. The impala is pretty. Black with a grey interior. 3.6liter v6 (should have been a v8) but handles like a dream. I drove it all over town and it did beautifully, will take me a bit to get used to it still. And I know the rule, pics, but it was too dark for Mike to get any good useable pics of it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

MERRY CHRISTMAS and Congrats Kat!:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886!:ice_awesome-vi46644:ice_awesome-vi46644:ice_awesome-vi46644

Make sure you give that Storm Raven a big :bighug:for us and tell him we sent him a :thumbsup: too!!

Also, GREAT job on covering your tracks on the pics young lady,, may just keep the :photographing::cop: happy for a minute or two :big-grin-emoticon:

Check out the time difference between my post and Jeff's = 2 minutes exactly = you did REAL good Kat :thumbsup::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Might wanna consider going out to your new car and snapping a selfie and sticking on here,, one of these lop eared varmint :photographing::cop:'s may start with the "no pics = it didnt happen" routine or something. Nasty bunch of lop eared's those :photographing::cop: are!!

:lightbulb:I betcha short selfie video of yourself sitting behind the wheel of your new car singing "little deuce coupe" would blow those lop eared varmints right out of the water:big-grin-emoticon:

Yes you are missing the rule.

Watch out for @cowpuc and his band of [emoji14]hotographing::cop:

:worthless:

Sounds like you are having a wonderful Christmas this year.

Congrats.

Yes, so far it's a nice Christmas this yr. Mike said I wasn't spending a day in the traverse, the shop fixed the body, however, there was an electrical issue that wasn't fixed, and very definite gear whines after taking turns, that weren't there before the accident. Given that the shop had the traverse 2 months, we felt those things should have been fixed, but he'd rather get me a new car than argue that the problems weren't preexisting to the accident. Our only argument was getting a new 2015 impala or used. I argued for used, he argued for new. I just couldn't see taking the depreciation hit like we did on the traverse. I won! Sides, the impala we brought home was the only v6 anywhere in Middle Georgia. Go me!

Congratulations on the new to you car. What a wonderful Christmas present for you. I knew you had been looking at a replacement for the Traverse, happy you found one you liked.

Larry

Mike took your suggestion to heart about getting the v6 over the 4cyl, they are different cars I swear.

Now for those who do know Mike, can you just imagine him being white knuckled as I was driving around town and on the interstate in the crazy Christmas shopping traffic this afternoon? He swears he wasn't scared, but he has never allowed me to drive when he had to be a passenger save after his car accident. It was rather funny seeing him sweat bullets today lol.

Did you ever think that there might be a reason he was "sweating bullets"???

He doesn't like not being in control of the car, he's the same way when his Mom drives (with good reason)and after we noticed the dementia setting in with his Dad. With me, it's more about the whatifs, he knows I'm a very good driver, but accidents happen and I may not have a good outcome.

I think you will like the car. In my opinion, the 3.6 is probably one of GMs best motors ever. The previous generation came with a choice of the 3.6 or a small V6, 3.1 I think it was. The 3.6 was far superior. I put close to 200,000 miles on a Bonneville with a 3.6 and the only thing I ever did to it was replace an electric cooling fan. It was just a great motor. The only Impala available in recent years with a V8 were the SS models. I think the the last SS has been dropped but didn't look to be sure. I just can't see the Impala with a 4 cylinder though.

Wasn't going to say anything til the Bird brought it up but..... I have a Pontiac G6 (Impala Wannbe?) or the other way around? Thing is the Warden found it when I was prowling thru car lots. (Bad habit) and we ended up with it. Story here is it is a 4 banger. I was looking at it until we opened the hood on that 4 banger. I closed the hood and my words to her were " You've see enough! Forget it!!" The salesman then said "Just drive it. I felt the same as you about these 4 cylinders!" So we took it for a drive so she couldn't say I didn't give it a chance. Its still in our driveway!! That little thing is awlsome. And gets about 26-28 MPG with me and my foot driving it. Will run right with most V-6s. Not enough difference to write home about. My son ended up with a Bonnville V-6 about the same time and we both compared them. 4- Banger will shock you. V-6 does have more power but only if you got your foot thru the firewall. Other than that it is very hard to tell the difference. Got 70k on it already. I want to see how it handles 200k. Drive train is covered til 100k. It better not start acting up til past then, I could "Make" it blow and try to get a new one out of them??

I think you will like the car. In my opinion, the 3.6 is probably one of GMs best motors ever. The previous generation came with a choice of the 3.6 or a small V6, 3.1 I think it was. The 3.6 was far superior. I put close to 200,000 miles on a Bonneville with a 3.6 and the only thing I ever did to it was replace an electric cooling fan. It was just a great motor. The only Impala available in recent years with a V8 were the SS models. I think the the last SS has been dropped but didn't look to be sure. I just can't see the Impala with a 4 cylinder though.

We have a 96 caprice with the 4.3 v8, it has been bulletproof. It has some age related repairs needed but all in all been a great car. We hope the impala will prove to be the same.

Wasn't going to say anything til the Bird brought it up but..... I have a Pontiac G6 (Impala Wannbe?) or the other way around? Thing is the Warden found it when I was prowling thru car lots. (Bad habit) and we ended up with it. Story here is it is a 4 banger. I was looking at it until we opened the hood on that 4 banger. I closed the hood and my words to her were " You've see enough! Forget it!!" The salesman then said "Just drive it. I felt the same as you about these 4 cylinders!" So we took it for a drive so she couldn't say I didn't give it a chance. Its still in our driveway!! That little thing is awlsome. And gets about 26-28 MPG with me and my foot driving it. Will run right with most V-6s. Not enough difference to write home about. My son ended up with a Bonnville V-6 about the same time and we both compared them. 4- Banger will shock you. V-6 does have more power but only if you got your foot thru the firewall. Other than that it is very hard to tell the difference. Got 70k on it already. I want to see how it handles 200k. Drive train is covered til 100k. It better not start acting up til past then, I could "Make" it blow and try to get a new one out of them??

Would you believe the 2.5 4cyl was $4000 more than the 3.6 v6? And only a few months apart in age and less than 25k in mileage difference. And both had less than 30k on the odo, no, I think I got the better car lol.