IGNORED

New to me venture

rlgiv

Hey just joined the board, Wanted to introduce myself and give a little history. I have just inherited my fathers 2007 venture. He is pushing 70 and also has a Goldwing trike. Due to a new diagnosis of parkinsons he is finding it difficult at times to hold up his big Venture so he has decided to give it to me. In the past I have owned a 99 Buell S3T. Got rid of it because of the amount of time I spent working on it and the increasing difficulty to find parts. Im somewhat familiar with the the Venture. I have been on a few rides with my dad when he rode the Venture primarily. I know all the stats, ive read some reviews, and taken a few short rides on the bike myself. I live in virginia and my dad is in Texas. Was planning on going down this summer and riding the bike back to virginia this summer.

I was planning on buying a Raider initially as a cummuter bike but if my wife enjoys touring on the venture then I will definately be keeping it. She likes road trips but has never rally been on bikes much.

My dad has put about 120,000 on the bike and it still runs great. He has alot of memories on the bike and Im hoping to create alot more as well.

I guess this should have gone in the other section but didnt see it until after the fact.

Welcome to the site.

As far as where you put the post, your new, don't worry about it. The site administrators are the ones that worry about stuff like that. The rest of us are just here for fun and to help each other out with keeping these old scoots running like a top.

But the rest of us, we have rules here.

:worthless:

We love looking at pictures or your bikes, trips, whatever.

You have to watch out for @cowpuc though, he is the head of the :photographing: police, and I am in charge of harassing him. :stirthepot: :duck: :snow2:

Enjoy your stay with us.

Hello Rl and WELCOME to the hottest, funnest, most informative and coolest site on the net!! Like @Flyinfool already mentioned, other than an occasional harasser like the Fool (and there are some others like him around this place:big-grin-emoticon: who also participate in fun loving :witch_brew::stickpoke::bighug:) - this place is filled with some very down to earth, easy going people. I dont know how accessible the tech sections here are to "Trial" users but can tell you that those area's are filled with info that even the factory could learn from - this group has covered every nut/bolt on bikes like your inherited scoot at one time or another, an amazing collection of geniusness my friend and ALL willing to help should you need it.

Sorry to hear about your Dad's battle with Parkinson's - thoughts and Prayers Up his way! It sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with your Dad and THAT is the kind of stuff that makes life worth living! Please let him know that we as a group, could really care less what he rides (its ALL about the amazing fact that he IS still riding :beer:) and that you and him are always welcome to any of our VR shindigs! I/we would LOVE to meet you folks and encourage you to follow up on joining the fun both online and in real life. Also please pass it on to your dad that he does not need to own a Yamaha to be welcome here - its all about brotherhood! Also please let him know that we do have a growing number of folks who are traitors (I might fall into the :witch_brew: :stickpoke: group once in a great while too) ,, I mean good folks who have found the need to move on to a Wing and they have aquired MUCH info on the Wing too. These folks have never lost their zeal for sharing what they know with their brothers on two wheels and your Dad may very well enjoy their company. I KNOW for a fact that they (as well as the rest of us) would enjoy his company too.

In closing I might add that I admittedly do tend to be one who is also reminding folks about our unwritten forum rules concerning the sharing of :photographing:'s. Thats because there are a few of the lop eared varmints around here who have short memory's and someone has to remind them:stickpoke:. If you decide to hang around here as a "dues paying" member of our club (buck a month = money well spent IMHO) please keep in mind that you will probably get an occasional reminder concerning pics but its ALL from a fun loving spirit - NEVER meant in a mean way.

Congrats on aquiring such an amazing gift from your Father - what a GREAT Dad you have!! To ride is bliss, getting to share that bliss with your own Dad is Heaven on Earth - I hope and pray that your travels together are fun filled and problem free for both of you!:thumbsup:

Puc