IGNORED

This time of year, warm weather means

Hummingbird

a trip to Lake Erie perch fishing so 3 of us spent 2 days last week and one day this week on the water. Then a little more time getting the catch ready for the freezer.

In the 3 trips we caught 132 keeper Perch and 43 keeper White Bass, both of which are arguably the best eating fish around. Could have rode the trike but the fishing was pretty darn good -

20151103_161652.jpg

20151103_161704.jpg

20151103_161637.jpg

Looks like you made a good choice. Perch are the best!

Lets see--riding or fishing--both good choices

Warm here today too, so I went riding, (got that new V-strom to play with) and again tomorrow. WOW, middle of Nov. in Wisconsin and great weather.

[h=2]This time of year, warm weather means[/h]Riding, of course! Beautiful day today with nothing but rain, low temps, and snow in the forecast (here in WI). So I got out on the bike to enjoy the last of the last nice days. Even though I had already given up and put Stabil in the gas, etc. etc.

zag

I hate to start something but WALLEYE!! Some of the best eating there is!! LOL Good looking catch. I been offering the Trout down here a late season snack but they haven't been interested....:bawling:

Right there with ya Dan O' BUT - ya gotta admit,, those Walleye arent much different then a really big Perch,, just a whole lot less work and a whole lot more time to :fatsmiley: with them Walleye,, yummmm yummmmmmmmmmm!!

NICE JOB @Hummingbird:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I hate to start something but WALLEYE!! Some of the best eating there is!! LOL Good looking catch. I been offering the Trout down here a late season snack but they haven't been interested….:bawling:

Dan, you are right about the Walleye but they are a lot like your Trout - but I'm tellin ya, the perch and white bass are just as tasty just smaller pieces

If I were 5 + hours from Lake Erie I'd have gone for a ride also but having a stash of perch in the freezer makes NOT riding a couple days WAY worth it.

Well I could go 3 hours west of me and go fishing in the river behind my brother, he has been catching trout in the 7-10 pound range. That makes for some good fillets.

Well I could go 3 hours west of me and go fishing in the river behind my brother, he has been catching trout in the 7-10 pound range. That makes for some good fillets.

GOOD fillets ? Isn't that an understatement ? A 7 -10 pound trout is a heck of a nice catch - never had trout but I'm bettin it's pretty good eatin