IGNORED

Although I LOVE the sound of the ol Harely Shovel at an idle..

cowpuc

Sounds kind of lite to me,, tinny. I like something with a deeper throat sound. Strictly produced by the exhaust of course, guess if I wanted to spend cash I could make my Spyder sound close to that, but then I wouldn't ride it anymore,,, too much noise. Of course, sound produces very little horsepower, if any, although we tend to associate the two, so if I were to ride with or on that machine all it would produce is annoyance.

Ok, that's it for now, I'll get down. :bowdown:

"Silver" sounds better!!!:backinmyday::backinmyday:

:95:never even did get hear or even see Silver,, close but no cigar:95:

:lightbulb:you could make a quick video of her idling, I would be happy to give ya free learning on putting it up on Youtube and then linking her here :big-grin-emoticon: :fingers-crossed-emo

At idle it sounds like when I use to put baseball cards in my bicycle spooks. How much you think those cards would be worth today?

:big-grin-emoticon:

:think:,:scratchchin:,,, now that cha point that out Bill,, we did the same thing,,, ahhh ohhh,, wonder how many 1.3 million dollar baseball cards we went thru too :doh:

and my back side still hurts from getting caught for stealing my neighbors clothes pins :bang head:

Puc, sounds good, back in the summer we were at a Vintage Motorcycle swap meet down in the Niagara Penninsula (Jordan for those of you familiar with the area) one of the first bikes I saw was an old Water Buffalo (Suzuki GT 750) that the owner had gone cafe style on. Man that was a purdy bike, the owner walks over as he sees me drooling around his bike checking it all out, he asks me if I would like to hear it running.......what a sweet sound it made....the 3 cylinders talking to us through a nice set of chrome expansion chambers. It sounded so good my brother the only a Harley guy even commented on how good it sounds. Just my 2 cents, thanks for posting the V Max.

Mike

Seems to me a fellow who owned a Vmax for a toy, might want to put a set of those pipes on his toy and make some music! :stickpoke:

BINGOOOOOO:thumbsup::thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

Puc, sounds good, back in the summer we were at a Vintage Motorcycle swap meet down in the Niagara Penninsula (Jordan for those of you familiar with the area) one of the first bikes I saw was an old Water Buffalo (Suzuki GT 750) that the owner had gone cafe style on. Man that was a purdy bike, the owner walks over as he sees me drooling around his bike checking it all out, he asks me if I would like to hear it running.......what a sweet sound it made....the 3 cylinders talking to us through a nice set of chrome expansion chambers. It sounded so good my brother the only a Harley guy even commented on how good it sounds. Just my 2 cents, thanks for posting the V Max.

Mike

Right there with ya Sticky,, I use to ride piped 1000cc 2 stroke triple Suzuki Thundercats when I was into snowmobiling.. TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT,, my gosh they sounded sooooooo sweet!! A younger friend walks up and says "how on earth can a biker like you enjoy a noise like that?" - to which I replied,,, "oh, thats right,, you weren't around when the Kawasaki and Suzuki 2 stroke triple scoots ruled the streets were ya?" :thumbsup:

BINGOOOOOO:thumbsup::thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

Right there with ya Sticky,, I use to ride piped 1000cc 2 stroke triple Suzuki Thundercats when I was into snowmobiling.. TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT,, my gosh they sounded sooooooo sweet!! A younger friend walks up and says "how on earth can a biker like you enjoy a noise like that?" - to which I replied,,, "oh, thats right,, you weren't around when the Kawasaki and Suzuki 2 stroke triple scoots ruled the streets were ya?" :thumbsup:

I ran some of the early Polaris 600 triples with individual expansion chambers. Sweet, sweet music huh puc.......

I ran some of the early Polaris 600 triples with individual expansion chambers. Sweet, sweet music huh puc.......

Way cool @Ace!! Remember those good ol Polaris 600 Trips really well!! Way before the "new age" sleds those puppies ruled.. Actually, do you remember the 650's,, I think they were an RHL or something like that.. Thinking they were an early EFI.. Now you talk about FLYYYYY for an early 650 :178: I had a Rupp 440 Nitro back in the mid 70's that had an early model water cooled Xenoah engine in it.. Thing used the front bumper to cool its anti-freeze - definitely a little screamer.. My goodness brother,, where did the years go:sign67:

Way cool @Ace!! Remember those good ol Polaris 600 Trips really well!! Way before the "new age" sleds those puppies ruled.. Actually, do you remember the 650's,, I think they were an RHL or something like that.. Thinking they were an early EFI.. Now you talk about FLYYYYY for an early 650 :178: I had a Rupp 440 Nitro back in the mid 70's that had an early model water cooled Xenoah engine in it.. Thing used the front bumper to cool its anti-freeze - definitely a little screamer.. My goodness brother,, where did the years go:sign67:

Yep, they had a Indy RXL EFI, the '92 was FAST!

I had an '86 600 three holer that I called "Squirt", because when you squeezed the loud handle, it would squirt to 100mph as fast as you could say "Domo aregato, mister roboto" it looked a little rough around the edges but I didn't spend the money on makin' it purdy.....I had a clutch/gearing setup that that made that beast hard to hang onto the handlebars when she was hooking up. I used to show up at drag events and lot's of guys would be snickering and badmouthing Squirt. Well, when the light went green they weren't snickering no more 'cause all they could see is my snow dust and smell that sweet 2 stroke odor of Squirt....

I'm getting a little flush talking about this..............