IGNORED

I have a weird requset

painterman67

OK so here goes the weird request. As a few already know I sold my 1st gen a year ago and bought a roadstar. Love this bike but it is not for longer runs as I have found out on a trip to Daytona and back. It handled well enough and sat comfy enough but nothing like my old friend 1st gen I had. So here goes the weird request. I am wandering if any one close to me might consider a ride with me. I can let them try my roadie and I want an hour or so on a second gen. I am considering selling the roadstar and getting an second gen but don't want to go off half cocked and not like the 2nd gen. I have ridden a 2nd gen before and liked it well enough but that was only a short trip and I couldn't get the long distance feel. i will pay for fuel and dinner for both bikes and riders as well as pillion riders if they want to come along. I just want to get a feel of if I would actually like a second gen.

Thanks in advance and I understand if no one says ok as I understand the personal atachment that comes with owning a bike

I dont think that's weird at all Painter, matter of fact, I think it's a great idea!! If I had a 2nd Gen I would certainly be interested cause I would like to test a Roadie, also love to meet up with other VR members and, fact is,, FOOD to boot is always the clincher :fatsmiley:

All the best in figuring out what your next scoot is gonna be!!:thumbsup:

I dont think that's weird at all Painter, matter of fact, I think it's a great idea!! If I had a 2nd Gen I would certainly be interested cause I would like to test a Roadie, also love to meet up with other VR members and, fact is,, FOOD to boot is always the clincher :fatsmiley:

All the best in figuring out what your next scoot is gonna be!!:thumbsup:

Talking about next scoots. The wife and I may pull the trigger on a 2015 Wing Trike. If we are going to get a new ride just as well get one that I will be able to handle for the next 10 or 15 years.

• 3 weeks later...
OK so here goes the weird request. As a few already know I sold my 1st gen a year ago and bought a roadstar. Love this bike but it is not for longer runs as I have found out on a trip to Daytona and back. It handled well enough and sat comfy enough but nothing like my old friend 1st gen I had. So here goes the weird request. I am wandering if any one close to me might consider a ride with me. I can let them try my roadie and I want an hour or so on a second gen. I am considering selling the roadstar and getting an second gen but don't want to go off half cocked and not like the 2nd gen. I have ridden a 2nd gen before and liked it well enough but that was only a short trip and I couldn't get the long distance feel. i will pay for fuel and dinner for both bikes and riders as well as pillion riders if they want to come along. I just want to get a feel of if I would actually like a second gen.

Thanks in advance and I understand if no one says ok as I understand the personal atachment that comes with owning a bike

Gastonia NC is close to my farm. You can take Sylvester but he will spoil you with all he has. Let me know.

:farmer:

Dont count out a Tour Deluxe in the 05-09 years either. All the comforts of a 2nd Gen, without the big fairing and trunk.

but thats the things I am missing..........I want all that stuff.......right now I am between a venture and my 1st choice of a valkyrie interstate........biggest down fall of the interstate is not being made any more but thats also a downfall of the venture............parts are hard to find plastic wise

but thats the things I am missing..........I want all that stuff.......right now I am between a venture and my 1st choice of a valkyrie interstate........biggest down fall of the interstate is not being made any more but thats also a downfall of the venture............parts are hard to find plastic wise

The Valkyrie is definitely a nice scoot. Problem there also is they only made the "touring" model for a very few years if I remember right. I think they called it Interstate. 3yr run maybe? Guess was cutting into the immortal GW segment.

Trunk is nice, but I could carry more gear for the wife and I on my 900 with a luggage rack and soft bags. Nice for local stuff and day trips, place to put extra glasses and flip flops or something. But I could do the same with one of those GIGI or whatever the name is add on removable trunks too. Depending on your buget you might look at a Victory Cross Country. They are smooth and to me have a good power band.

Sorry mine is not complete right now David or I would take you up on that. I've healed enough now I think and am regretting giving the Warden promise that I would wait til spring. Still got a horn that don't want to join in but other than that it is ready to stick faring back on and GO!!