IGNORED

Bought a wrcked bike

Rick Haywood

Hello everyone. I finally broke down and spent a few dollars on a wrecked bike. It is a 2007 Midnight. It just has some fairing damage and lowers are gon and one bag is cracked. I am going to remove all the plastics from my 2000 MM Edition and put it on the 2007. I will have some parts for sale this winter so if you all need anything off the bike let me know and I will hold it for you. I am going to start taking the parts off the wrecked one in about 2-3 weeks

,wreck1.jpgwreck2.jpg

GOOD FIND MR. RICK!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap2::clap2:

All the best in the swap over my friend - cannot wait to see pics and read about the change over!! Hope all goes well!!

Just a quick thought,, I am sure you have done so but, have you checked the frame to make sure she is straight.. I used to have a friend drive the crash victim down the road while I laid on the pavement and got a view down the axis of the tires.. Amazing what you can tell by doing so.. Just a thought..

Looks like a fun project!:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Rick is the MM giving you any trouble? Why take parts off it to put on the new bike? I have an extra front fairing and you should be able to get the lowers off ebay. You could sell the MM to cover the cost of the rebuild.

No problems just have 142,,000 miles on it. I won't have any costs in doing this after I sell some parts off the 07. I paid very little for the wrecked bike. My Mm is time for rotors, calipers and bearings this way I end up with a bike with 30,000 miles on it for basically 0 dollars

Hey Rick,

I color matched my midnight outer fairing. The chrome windshield strip, headlight ring, and lower wind deflectors(the ones connected to the fairing) all black, turned out very clean looking. I removed the two chrome sipes , put a fresh coat on the fairing too. Not much extra effort since our painting anyway...

Good luck on your build.

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Do you have the right and front lowers ? I would be interested in buying them as long as they are not cracked / broken.

Scratches are ok as I will be repainting.

Also, do you have the chrome strip for the windshield?

Stuart