IGNORED

What is it??

Condor

Looks like a tool kit for a first gen:)

Actually your pretty dog gone close there Jake,, that would be one of 6 of the equalizers Yamaha produced for each 1st Gen to make the race between the 1st n 2nd Gens fair.. They are Yamaha Part # XVZ12-slowemdown. They weight 25 pounds each with the idea of adding 150 pounds to the 1st Gen, with these weights in place it almost becomes a race :witch_brew:

Jack, I honestly think you do have some kind of an Indian artifact there brother - COOL!!!!:cool10:

The indian firestarter was kinda what I was thinking too. The top part. Kinda wonder who he... or she was, and some of it's history. If only it could talk. Being petrified, it might be really old.. and really rare??? Regardless it is interesting....

It's definitely petrified wood... But was the tool originally made out of petrified wood, or did it become petrified over time??? Kinda a chicken or the egg question.. I tend to believe it was made out of a hard wood and then turned to stone due to the hole formed in the surface. It's sides are smooth and formed by wear. If it had been stone originally the hole would have probably been chipped out, and the roughness would have eaten up sticks like crazy.

An early attempt at a fishing weight but since it was made of wood it only floated so Atouk tossed it away in the lake.

After millions of years under water you have a petrified piece of wood.

Maybe now the dang thing will work?