IGNORED

Finally bit the bullet and had a new rear tire installed.

camos

About 3 weeks ago I accidentally noticed the rear tire on the 89, the one I am currently riding, was almost as bald as I am. Had a spare wheel and tire on the 90 and a spare unmounted tire. Try as I might, with one thing after another happening, still had no new tire mounted until today. With the wet weather actually here I decided to take the highly expensive road and deliver the 89 with the unmounted tire to Adrenalin Motorcycle in Victoria. I've never gone that route before and was somewhat concerned about the cost of doing so versus the cost of a damaged and broken me due to slippage or blow-out.

Anyway, the financial damage was $25 for mounting and balancing the tire and $47.50 for uninstalling and reinstalling the rear wheel. Quite a bit less than my overactive imagination was coming up with. I don't know if that is actually a reasonable price but do feel that it was indeed very reasonable so thought I would put it out for any members in this area who may for one reason or another need to also get someone else to do the work for a change.

That's it....:thumbsup:

When I did my tires the shop wanted $30 to mount balance and new metal valve stems with the wheels off the bike. They wanted an additional $250 if I just brought them the bike.

Yes I took both wheels off without the benefit of a lift and just brought him the wheels with old tires and the new tires. Paid the $60 plus tax and tire disposal fees.

When I did my tires the shop wanted $30 to mount balance and new metal valve stems with the wheels off the bike. They wanted an additional $250 if I just brought them the bike.
That's about what I was thinking might be the cost. Good to know, Adrenalin did really well then.

Yes I took both wheels off without the benefit of a lift and just brought him the wheels with old tires and the new tires. Paid the $60 plus tax and tire disposal fees.
There was no disposal fee charged when the job was done.

I know the disposal fee for batteries is charged at purchase and similarly, I think we pay that fee up front when a tire is purchased. :canada:

That's just about par for the course at my shop. I "ball park" the cost at $75 (plus the cost of the tire) if asked for an estimate. For the customer that hands me a wheel off the bike, they save $$ accordingly.
So that's a good price for the job as well. :thumbsup: Edited by camos

I have a no-mar tire changer. So my tires are not a problem. I do change tries for others at $20.00 a tire if they bring the wheel off the bike. If it is on the bike I get $30 per wheel.
Wow!!!

So does that mean you charge only $10 extra to remove the rear wheel? I can see charging that for the front wheel but not so much for the rear one. That's a real deal.

Funny this is my weekend project. I have been wathing the clutch fluid, as it is getting dark. The brakes still look good. But Autozone had quart of DOT 4 for same price for qt as pint, so no high finance there. Had a fresh set of rear pads to put in the rear so cleaned all that up, and flushed everything. New Shinko 777 ready to go on and finnished the mounting before supper. Got it set in place but got a couple things want to do before call good.

I mount my own at the house. A 2x4 chunk of wood and tire spoons. Pretty much free except the heat and aggervation. LOL

Wow!!!

So does that mean you charge only $10 extra to remove the rear wheel? I can see charging that for the front wheel but not so much for the rear one. That's a real deal.

That is right, most of the tires I change are for friends that I ride with so I give them a brake.