IGNORED

I am so dumb,have a title problem

I got my 01 venture in may.I went to get title changed over today.I knew there would be a problem but thought I could work it out.I am in denton texas,near dallas.The kid with the bike was in burleson,only 60 miles away.but the title was from louisiana, the owner signed it over and had the signature notarized as transferring it to another guy.The kid traded that guy a car for the bike.I traded my little v star for the venture.The other guy never got the title changed over to his name either.I took a title app form, filled it out, showed them the guys name, where the original owner had signed and notarized.They said 1.The second guy(they dont know about the kid) would have to get the title in his name, then when the title came sign it over to me.2.OrI could apply for a bonded title.Both on the title app tax form and the bonded title application form there is a place for the second guy to sign.But he never had the bike in his name,yet the original owner had signed it over to him and had it notarized.3.I can not reach the kid i traded my v star to or the other guy.I have texts from the kid so i know he is around in burleson.But he and the other guy could just say sorry, your tough luck.So I have the bike, I have the title, seems there is some way i can get it registered in my name.Bonded is possible, but i have to get the right person to sign off on it.I know I screwed up.Please tell me how to unscrew it.Thanks.

I'm no Texas lawyer, but to me, if the owner in Louisiana signed the title and had it notarized, and you now have the title, it should be accepted and you can 'import' and title the bike in Texas.... I bought the '93VR from a service man in Tucson AZ, and it was titled in Virginia. I showed up at the CA-DMV with the signed title and the bike. An agent came out and checked the frame Vin#, Ok'd it, and it now has CA plates in my name. Here they want to make sure you're not just pushing paper...

I understand it and as said, it is all about the money. The title has a place on the back for the sellers name and the buyers name and was then notarized. But it was never taken to the DMV and changed over. So due to the buyers info being filled out on the back, they know it it had already changed hands and that the transfer was never done so the taxes were never paid. No way are they going to skip the taxes that they need to collect from the owner than never paid them.

I appreciate the input.Its a mess.I am totaly willing to pay any taxes,fees etc.I guess I will try all these.But if I pay all the taxes, then it basically gives it to the second owner.First owner signed it,got it notarized, next guy signed it,never transferred or paid any taxes.If he gets paid up, then technically the bike would belong to him legally.Neither he nor anyone here will return my call.Its a long shot contacting the guy in louisiana.Thanks for all input.

Texas is a PITA to work with on titles. Been there done that. I won't buy anything, boat, trailer, bike, car, etc if it does not have a clean title. It's all about the money and the laws have changed a lot in the last couple of years and it's not for your benefit.

• 2 weeks later...