IGNORED

Front shocks

Brake Pad

What's my next step I am so sick and tired of my front fork seals leaking I've only had the bike since June 2013 and this will be my third repair on the front shocks does anybody have an alternative or know of an alternative from the stock shock of a Goldwing ?

Mike have you been doing the repairs or the shop? Have the seals been replaced with OEM Honda seals? Does anyone else make a seal to go in there. Could be that Hondas manufacture has had a snafu thru the production run. I assume no nicks/damage to fork tubes. Maybe a change in fork oil brands?

What's my next step I am so sick and tired of my front fork seals leaking I've only had the bike since June 2013 and this will be my third repair on the front shocks does anybody have an alternative or know of an alternative from the stock shock of a Goldwing ?

Mike, the next step up is progression and then the granddaddy is the traxxion. Ever try covering the forks with those fork gaiters? Or something similar. Where you live you're probably always getting road grime and sand on them causing micro scratches that build over time.

• 2 months later...

I had a fork seal go out this summer after a very hard bump (ramp on a toy hauler trailer),174000 km on the bike. Took it to a small one man shop and had the seals and bushings done. I believe he got the seals and bushings from a company called All Balls ??. While he had everything apart he cleaned all the internal parts. For a sealed system I would not have thought that the internal parts could get so dirty, I had progressive springs put in while it was apart as the old ones were starting to show their age as was evident in the handling and ride. Two hours later it rides like a dream again. In comparing the factory springs to progressive springs it is like comparing a chicken leg to a turkey leg

They shouldn't be failing that quickly. If they've been installed properly with new bushings, dust seals and oil they shouldn't be failing that quickly unless something is wrong with the tube.

I flat out refuse to install All Balls seals. They take so much force to get in I worry about damaging something. The last set I tried I had to use a press on the dust seals then they'd climb back out.

Ran across this on a random google search:

http://www.sealmate.net/

Their claims seem kinda high about how well it works (just looks like a shaped piece of plastic), but for 5 bucks there's not much to loose in giving it a try.

I just bought one for the heck of it. If I ever get a weeping seal and it milks it through a season it will have paid for itself.

:)

I've seen a lot of guys on the goldwing forums recommending the "Progressive monotube conversion". Can't tell you much more than that, but google should turn up some info. I do seem to remeber most saying it wasn't cheap though...:(

Edited by Great White

I flat out refuse to install All Balls seals. They take so much force to get in I worry about damaging something. The last set I tried I had to use a press on the dust seals then they'd climb back out.

I didn't have any trouble installing my ALLBALLs Racing seals. I bought a plastic pipe from Home Depot for $3 and cut off a section to lightly tap the seals in place. They were tighter than the OE seals but not any where near as much difference as you are talking about. Could you have gotten the wrong size? At any rate, we have to proceed based on our experiences.