IGNORED

Front fairing & plastics, how to fit?

Hi all.

I want to fit the front fairings and plastics to my 1983 Yamaha XVZ1200 Venture Royal, to make sure every thing's there, where do I start and what screws rubber mountings do I need as I know I'm missing most, if not all the mounting screws etc, I've just got the fairings and plastic inserts. Thanks all.

Welcome aboard..!!:thumbsup2:

Hey just a quick suggestion here..

I dont want you to feel like no one is answering your question(s), so I would like to suggest that you post what type year bike you have...:whistling:

I assume your talking about a 1st gen.

Download the service manual file for your 1st gen bike from this link here..

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3384

It talks about how to remove the fairing and just reverse the order to reinstall it. Also just ask questions here. Start with the inner panels and the then the outer sides.

Good luck and let us know how it is going..

Rick F.

It is fun to do even when you took it apart, but if you are putting it back without ever seeing it come apart good luck.

Actually it blts up pretty good but the bolts are different sizes. Larger ones go to steel and smaller ones for plastic to plastic. Some look like they fit but they do not.

Again have fun,

Brad

I bought the bike as a non running partially stripped=(70%) project and so for I've rebuilt the back end, I have to do the same with the forks as they're leaking but before I do that I want to make sure that I have all the fairing plastics etc, which unfortunately are all damaged in some way or other, I'll repair these later as I've been reading about this on this site. Can I buy all the bolts/screws from anywhere to do this?, I've also noticed that some of the rubber hold ons are missing:confused24:

Yes, they are standard metric bolts available at Home Depot, Lowes, or any good hardware store. You should use zinc plated if posible for rust reasons. The rubber grommets are where the side panels hook in, and they can be acquired at the same places.

Sorry, it's been a couple of years since my fairings were off, but I will have them off some time this year for front fork replacement...