IGNORED

Hog is gone, Kaw is here.

billmac

The C-10s are a lot of fun. Plenty of power and handle pretty well. I put 60k miles on mine with no real issues. Just ride it often or treat the fuel if it sits. Pain in the ass doing the carbs. Lots of info on the Concours forums and lots of parts and aftermarket support as well.

liken it so far, just ordered a new rear tire and brakes all around.. will ride the RSTD with the wife for longer rides. Carbs may need to be synced but I'll run another tank of gas and sea foam thru it. It stalled when stopping and idles up and down, but better since I put SF in yesterday them ran it about 85 down the free way. it has set for the last two years the best info I can get. runs great just the idling not right.

liken it so far, just ordered a new rear tire and brakes all around.. will ride the RSTD with the wife for longer rides. Carbs may need to be synced but I'll run another tank of gas and sea foam thru it. It stalled when stopping and idles up and down, but better since I put SF in yesterday them ran it about 85 down the free way. it has set for the last two years the best info I can get. runs great just the idling not right.

Mine was the same when I got it with only 10k miles on it but sitting for a couple years. Do yourself a favor and just yank the carbs now and clean them well. If you do it now and keep it moving, you will never have to pull them again. I went through it and once I did a proper cleaning, I never had another carb problem in 5 years and 60k miles. Never even had to re synch.

And while you have the carbs off, go to the zggtr forum and see if Tcro is still selling the stick coils. Order a set and install them. Bike will run much better! Well worth the cost which was very reasonable anyway if I remember correctly.

whats wrong with the coils?

Nothing wrong with the originals. I had one go out on me and instead of buying stock I went with the stick coils. Wish I would have done it sooner. Bike started much quicker and easier. Seemed to run much smoother as well. Just one of the little upgrades that made sense over my 60k miles.

Didnt the early ones (4cyl) use the KZ 1000 motor?

Nope, started out in 1986, KZ's were prety much a thing of the past in North America at that point (don't quote me on it, but I think they were still making the KZ police bikes in 86).

It was as an adaptation of the 900/1000 Ninja which was a GPZ engine package (but liquid cooled vice the earlier air cooled GPZ models).

It got an update to 1400 in 2007 with a re-tuned ZX1400 engine...http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/devil-smileys/devil_smiley_005.gif

Edited by Great White

Nope, started out in 1986, KZ's were prety much a thing of the past in North America at that point (don't quote me on it, but I think they were still making the KZ police bikes in 86).

It was as an adaptation of the 900/1000 Ninja which was a GPZ engine package (but liquid cooled vice the earlier air cooled GPZ models).

It got an update to 1400 in 2007 with a re-tuned ZX1400 engine...http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/devil-smileys/devil_smiley_005.gif

You our are correct. I was mistaken when I said ZX-10. Forgot they were still Ninjas back then!

Still learning things. It's a ZG1000-A29 don't know what all that means but it's a 1000. lol

Head ad to the ZGGTR forum for any info. Just like this forum. Bunch of great guys and girls with tons of knowledge. I met and rode with some great people. And they still talked to me when I went the cruiser/tourer route!