IGNORED

Hard time finding parts

Yammer Dan

Got it all apart now and I'm having a hard time finding parts. I'm going to need a left side Engine Guard (Crash Bar) and a left side passing light housing. Can't seem to find them listed anywhere. The passing light is the heavy metal one. Plenty of plastic junk out there. I would use a plastic one if I had to and could get it to match. The Crash bar or Engine guard is needed to put it back togather. The old one is bent til I can't tell which way to straighten it and probally break it trying. Can't see any damage to any thing else except for road rash. I came away worse than bike this time. Not healing too great but thats another story. Used parts in these would be fine I think if anybody could PLEASE help me locate them? I want to show the Boss I haven't destroyed his baby..... Any help would be welcome in finding these things!!!

As luck would have it I found just the parts your looking for down here by me. they are off a 31k mile bike. Only asking $5800. Comes with lost of spare parts besides just what you need. LOL OK so obvious question is have you checked pinwall?

Thought: Since the crash bar is bent and you are looking for another...suggest you try and bend it back. Take the other side off to get a feel for the way it mounts. Then fill the tube with sand or whatever they use to keep the interior of the tube from collapsing, then slowly try and bend it back. You might even find a body shop who will give it a try for a few bux....they know how to do this type of stuff. Of course, I don't really know if this type of metal can be shaped. I remember back in 1971, I had an Austin sedan while stationed in Turkey. I took it to a Turkish family who did body work. Everything was done by hand and no parts were purchased. All body work was broguht back to almost really nice...including the bumpers! $400. A year's salary for the family for one month's work. They figured it out...so you may be able to as well.

BTW, when I tried to do this it was a failure...tube collapsed from lack of internal support...or so I was told!