IGNORED

Sturgis 2015

Mikealiasmike

Easy to get to the Blue Line. Take highway 79 north from Sturgis into Newell. When you get to the 4 way stop turn right (east) and go a few blocks on hwy 212. It will be on right hand side (south) of street. I am going to put my cell number in profile as well.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I15 to Provo ut then east to rock springs for the nite

then on to the big show.

Passing by the south entrance to Death Valley at baker but not crossing it.

VentureFar...

QUOTE=cowpuc;921658]Sounds AWESOME VF!!:clap2:

We are looking forward to seeing you again my friend!:dancefool:

Hope you have a GREAT, safe ride up from California!! How you coming up Neil? You gonna ride Death Valley and up thru Vegas/Salt Lake?

Hey BJ = COOL!! Building on your information about the Diner in Newell - got another idea:lightbulb:. I know at least one of our gang is an official Iron Butt Rider, I wont mention any names cause I dont know for sure if he is also a pie eater (are you a pie eater @VentureFar) ? Anyway BJ, it would be fun to have an official, 1st annual, BJ's Pie Butt Ride from Sturgis to that Blue Line Diner in Newell. Due to my expert ability with directions and my built in internal compass, if the participants wanted me to I would be more than willing to lead them across South Dakota to that great pie in the sky event, I am very good with directions and all that. Taking some known short cuts that I know, it shouldn't take us more than a few hours to find the place OR,, we could hook up with you and you could lead us (by bike, by car, by truck or by boat) to, THE PIE:fatsmiley:!!! With a little coaxing and a small amount of reverse psychology (if that doesnt work, a hug from Tippy and one of her pretty little "ohhh come on you guys - it will be fun" smiles always seems to do the job).. I am pretty certain either I can talk Venturefar into doing this or he can talk me into it (thats the reverse psychology part) .. Now the rest of these fine folks who I am hoping to meet out there:fingers-crossed-emo, not sure but I kind of take them as a bunch of pie eating lop eared varmints anyway who, now that you have posted this, hopefully dont eat all the pie before we get there:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

Sure hope those 1 million plus Harley Riders know what they are in for!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

THANKS FOR THE FOLLOW UP BERNIE!!:thumbsup:

Just call me Pie Butt.......:)

I am coming, We aren't leaving until Aug 1. I'll be in Island Park on the night of the 1st and Sheridan Wyo night of Aug 2 then into Custer on the afternoon of the 3rd. Maybe can make up to Blue Line,Ill try. Hope I get to see a lot of you there

Hey Mike,, is your son on his own bike or is he younger and riding two up with you? I did Sturgis for many years with my young children and HAD A BLAST - LOTS OF GREART MEMORIES!! Tip and I are really looking forward to meeting you two!! THIS SHOULD BE A BLAST! :big-grin-emoticon:

THANK YOU :thumbsup: for starting this thread @Mikealiasmike!!

My son is riding his own bike up. Need to catch up on this thread lol. Saw several nice ideas to meet up. OK, caught up. Newell, SD 6:00 PM Pie eating. We'll be there. I have a local BBQ shop that just opened and asked if I would get several of their T'Shirts worn in Sturgis. Anybody care to lend a hand. I got 5 shirt's, several different sizes. If they won't fit you personally, they can be held up for photos. Shirts yours afterwards. Mike

Edited by Mikealiasmike
Added, than added. One day I'll do it right.

My son is riding his own bike up. Need to catch up on this thread lol. Saw several nice ideas to meet up. OK, caught up. Newell, SD 6:00 PM Pie eating. We'll be there. I have a local BBQ shop that just opened and asked if I would get several of their T'Shirts worn in Sturgis. Anybody care to lend a hand. I got 5 shirt's, several different sizes. If they won't fit you personally, they can be held up for photos. Shirts yours afterwards. Mike

Ohhhh heck YEA!! Tip and I would be happy to do some advertising for your local BBQ Shop Mike - count us in!! Hope doing so does not back fire on the establishment though!! :scared:

Lets see,, your in Iowa arent you (assuming the BBQ joint is also in Iowa?),,, hmmm,, we pass thru Iowa sometimes when heading west,, after wearing their shirts around Sturgis - harrassing the Harley guys and having allll that fun wearing that shirt may just be reason enough to cause the three of us (Tip, Tweeks and I) to just HAVE to force the front wheel to go find a BBQ in Iowa!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Count me in for BBQ advertising.

VentureFar...

Wish I could ride with you all. Always wanted to make Sturgis and get the t-shirt... just once, but been procrastinating for so long I just don't have it in me any longer. Being the 75th, Ida thought that things would be heating up already, but looking at the WEBCAMS things are still a little quite... :draming:

Wish I could ride with you all. Always wanted to make Sturgis and get the t-shirt... just once, but been procrastinating for so long I just don't have it in me any longer. Being the 75th, Ida thought that things would be heating up already, but looking at the WEBCAMS things are still a little quite... :draming:

Hey Jack, I have ridden thru the town of Sturgis on several occasions a couple weeks before the rally and always found it pretty quite - even to the point of seeing "for rent" signs on several buildings right on "Main Street" , then been SHOCKED to find traffic all backed up on I-90 with 2 miles of scoots trying to get into town on the return trip just 2 weeks later!! Dont let that web cam fool ya bro - they's a coming,, they'ssss a coming :backinmyday:

If you dont feel like riding the scoot out, I hope you know you can always drive a cage out, toss a tent in the back and camp with us on the prairie, drive up to BJ's pie place - have a piece of pie and become an Official Pie Butt Rider by doing so!! Bet they have :essen_024:too:bighug::bighug::bighug::hihi:

Pie is good.... :-) Ice cream and pie is even better.... :thumbsup2: Maybe by the time next year rolls around, and I get one of these bikes purring again, I'll trailer the scoot up there. Dang!! Just the thought of Ice Cream made me build myself a root beer float.... Yummm!! I just thought that by now there'd be signs of a few scoots on the streets since it's the 75th. :backinmyday:

Hey Jack, Sturgis has been on my list for awhile although like you, not as excited about it as I once was. Would still like to make the trip at least once and next year would fit nicely in my plans. Maybe we can chat more about it at next years Venture West if we both attend. If not, keep me in mind, I would enjoy riding with you.

Ron

Hey Jack, Sturgis has been on my list for awhile although like you, not as excited about it as I once was. Would still like to make the trip at least once and next year would fit nicely in my plans. Maybe we can chat more about it at next years Venture West if we both attend. If not, keep me in mind, I would enjoy riding with you.

Ron

That would be a strong possibility Ron... If all the stars align. Like you, it's always been on my bucket list just to say I did it. Next year it'll be 76 and I'll be 75.... 'Bout time we met.... :) Maybe we could get a gaggle of 'far-west'rs' to take the ride??

How about we all meet for dinner at 6pm ( open till 9pm) at the blue line diner on Monday night?

212 highway East

newell ad 57760

Anybody subscribed or lurking if you can make dinner Monday night chime in.

This is a confirmed chiming in @VentureFar!!

Puc and Tippy

soon to be official Pie Butt 26.2 riders!!:fatsmiley:

The Blue Line Diner is a typical small town SD gathering place. There are probably 2 or 3 long tables, and about 6 booths. Your waitresses will be high school kids making a little summer cash. One long table will probly have some local ranchers in their cowboy hats and boots shooting the breeze while taking a break from putting up hay. People are friendly. I will say this though, the parking lot is gravel, but every time I've been there it seems firm and easy to navigate. Lots of pickups and horse trailers keep it packed down. My bet is there will be at least one one pickup truck with a cattle dog in the back just waiting for his owner to finish eating. I don't recommend trying to pet those dogs either unless owner tells you to. They are very protective. It's a nice change of pace from the normal Sturgis hustle an bustle. And did I mention that they have pie?

I just got to thinkin' (which is dangerous in itself) that if we do meet at the Blue Line, I usually park on the west side of the building. Ill try and get there somewhat early (I hate being late). So when you pull in keep your eyes open for a dark orange HD roadglide. Kind of a rare color for the HD's and even more rare in a Roadglide model. Starting to get anxious for Sturgis!!!!