IGNORED

A Big Jump for me!

etohio

Just got a new (new to me) 1999 Venture. I have been looking at these for a while along with some others (Goldwing, Concourse, ST1300, BMW). I bought this without riding so my ride home was a learning experience though I really thought it would be very similar to my 88 Venture in my opinion it is not. If I had ridden it first I do not think I would of made the move but the more I ride it the more I liked it. The heal toe shifting is still a little hard for me and the sound is so much different from my 88 Venture. I am now really enjoying this bike the only thing that I think it needs is stainless brake lines and I just got the new centerstandfrom Rivco. Hope to make it to the Maintenance Day at end of month for my first long ride on this RSV.

St Elmo 061.jpg

St Elmo 062.jpg

St Elmo 063.jpg

Etohio, I have a 99 that I purchased used as well and it took a little bit to get used to the ride but love it.

You will find it to be very pleasant and enjoyable bike, especially on long rides.

Nice addition.

ET, THANK YOU for posting (and with pics)! BEAUTIFUL SCOOT!! I would personally be interested in any morereal life pro and con comparison's you could make between your 88 and your new baby and appreciate those you already mention.. Noticing you mentioning obtaining a center stand gives me appreciation for similarities you and I just may share in needs for the ultimate open road machine. If your ride style includes 2 up riding, I would be especially interested in hearing direct input from you as you grow to love your new machine..

THAT is a gorgeous machine ET, may she endure herself to you and your future by adding many many miles of great times together!! Looking forward to meeting both of you at MD this year. If you see a wore out ol has been on a nasty looking sticker covered 83 with a pretty little lady on the back at MD, PLEASE let me know its you, shake my hand and point me to your new machine!!!!!

CONGRATS ET!!!!

Puc

First gen and second gen are apples and oranges. Both are great bikes, but IMHO the first gen is a great sport touring bike, better performance, and sportier riding position. The second gen is a better long haul ride, much more comfortable. I've a first gen that I rode for 5 years before adding a second gen to the stable. I didn't really feel comfortable on it first, with the forward controls, and it just seemed huge. Now that I've had the second gen for a couple of years, I'd have to say that all in all I prefer it. It took a while to get there, but it's a VERY comfortable bike.

Stay with it a while and you'll come to love it.:biker:

First gen and second gen are apples and oranges. Both are great bikes, but IMHO the first gen is a great sport touring bike, better performance, and sportier riding position. The second gen is a better long haul ride, much more comfortable. I've a first gen that I rode for 5 years before adding a second gen to the stable. I didn't really feel comfortable on it first, with the forward controls, and it just seemed huge. Now that I've had the second gen for a couple of years, I'd have to say that all in all I prefer it. It took a while to get there, but it's a VERY comfortable bike.

Stay with it a while and you'll come to love it.:biker:

2 up?

The wife says the arm rests are better on the first gen, but I've recently purchased a set of the Diamond R arm rests for her. I've not yet installed them, but I'll post when I do. My 06 has the pillow top seats, which are pretty cushy, and she does like that.:cool10:

Just to let you know. Your CB antenna is on the wrong side.

It should be on the left side not the right! If you follow the wire that runs from the base of the left antenna it runs to the black box that is under the trunk, which is the CB.

Nice Scoot lots of doo-dad's and there are plenty more out there, to add and make it your own. If you would like some suggestions just ask. We love to spend other people's money!:mo money:

Just to let you know. Your CB antenna is on the wrong side.

It should be on the left side not the right! If you follow the wire that runs from the base of the left antenna it runs to the black box that is under the trunk, which is the CB.

Nice Scoot lots of doo-dad's and there are plenty more out there, to add and make it your own. If you would like some suggestions just ask. We love to spend other people's money!

Unless the previous owner switched the wires so that the CB ant would now be on the right side which is something I would have done had I owned the bike. Why you say! Because generally field strenght reaches out further in the direction of the longest ground plane, that being diagonally from the back corner where antenna is mounted to front corner on the opposite side. Just saying.

Now back to reality. NICE BIKE!!

Unless the previous owner switched the wires so that the CB ant would now be on the right side which is something I would have done had I owned the bike. Why you say! Because generally field strenght reaches out further in the direction of the longest ground plane, that being diagonally from the back corner where antenna is mounted to front corner on the opposite side.

What?! :confused07: