IGNORED

Three Venture deal

I've been trying to talk a dealer into selling me three First Generation Ventures he's had for awhile. They haven't been started for awhile but ran when they took them on trade. They are all Royale models - two 86 and one 90. All have over 60000 miles. The pictures look really good - and the lowest they would go is $3000. I offered them $2000 - then $2500 and they won't budge. I am waiting to see if a few days makes a difference. If I give them 3000 - I'll have another $500 in taxes and going after them. In your opinion - what might they be worth?

these bike with that many mile's are worth about 500.00 each and useally bike shops won't part out

I respectfully disagree.

Firstly, 60,000 miles is nothing for these Ventures.

Secondly, $500 is what a non running, stripped Venture is worth. Depending on condition and completeness, I would estimate the 1986's to be worth at least $2500 and the 1990 about $3000. Again, it depends on condition, but the stated mileage is not a factor.

If you were planning on starting a parts supply, the inventory would have to be at a low enough upfront cost to handle and cover your time and storage. If you were thinking of repairing and flipping them, I don't think you'll see much if any return dollar value?

What are your thought's in making the purchase?

These bikes ran when they were traded in. I think it wouldn't take a whole lot - maybe carb work at the most to get them back on the road. They are too good to part out. I think there is money to be made - the problem is it is two hours away and all I've seen is pictures. They will take 3000 for all three - I'll have 3500 in them by the time I get them home.

The last two First Gens. I purchased to "part out", (an 86'VR and an 87'VR respectively) netted me over $4000.00 each in parts. I paid $600. for the 86' and $400. for the 87'. If any of these three bikes were running, and looked decent, they would fetch between $1500. and $2500. all day long this time of the year with the 1990 VR maybe reaching $3000. if the fairing was not busted up. I would "camp out" in front of the dealership with a trailer and $3000. cash in my pocket, but not budge off of $2500. until 1 hour before closing time. I would be LOUD, and pester every customer that came thru the doors of the dealership until they saw it my way. But that's just me. Even at $3K you could end up with a free bike out of this deal.

Earl

IF a dealer ship has them, they have nothing into the bikes. Trade take ins are figured in to sell of a vehicle. Hold out for atleast $2,500 , or better yet, wait out. Go back 30 days

and offer them your original $2k. They need the space and inventory moved, more than you need to buy them. If they were going to get them running and do something with them, why

haven't they by now??

I would have to at least hear them turn over if they claim they ran when they got them. Unless they've had them for a bunch of years they should at least fire off with a good battery and fresh petrol, even if they run ragged. Doesn't mean I wouldn't buy them anyway. Is it a package deal, all or none?

Ventures are getting pretty rare here in Alaska, i think i own them all! Just picked up a nice running 86 sunday, plus my 89, the 85 and an 83. Got this 86 in a trade he gave me $500 and the Venture Royale for a pristine 95 Virago 750. Cannot post pics from my tablet, sorry, been posting it at my Goldwing forums though.

#Silverado6x6 is the Alaska Venture Hoarder.......I'm mean collector! :thumbsup:

I too have a problem with motorcycle hoarding. Why have 1 Bike when you can have 15 instead?....my wife says I have a "problem" and need to get "help"....I believe it is a talent and one of my many endearing qualities!:stickinouttounge:

Thanks Silverado for saving a dieing breed of excellent motorcycles, and #Godlover getting 3 Ventures right off the bat is a great way to start a collection....or illness (according to my wife)!

Ventures are getting pretty rare here in Alaska, i think i own them all! Just picked up a nice running 86 sunday, plus my 89, the 85 and an 83. Got this 86 in a trade he gave me $500 and the Venture Royale for a pristine 95 Virago 750. Cannot post pics from my tablet, sorry, been posting it at my Goldwing forums though.

I have 18! Normally i would have a list of all my bikes in the signature, its been several years since i posted here and i have been collecting Goldwings and Ventures. Plus i have two 85 Vmax's. I ride one a lot and i post at the Vmax Forums, they really want any 1300 v4 to add a Vboost to, its a very popular modded engine and i was thinking of doing a Vmax/Venture hybrid. Basically a touring Vmax with a fairing, radio etc.

I would dearly love to get a 3 bike deal like this, lots and lots of Goldwings, so few Ventures and i doubt Yamaha will ever bring it back.

image.jpgOkay gang - something came up and i spent my money on an 06 Lincoln Mark LT pickup. If any of you are interested you can call the Harley dealer in Waukon, Iowa - they have them. I've been wanting a nice truck for years and when this Lincoln 4X4 showed up on Craigslist for 10,000 I jumped on it... only has 112,000 miles too...Loaded!!!