IGNORED

Passing Lamp Spacer Update

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I see this an old thread. I hope somebody will read it and let me know what these spacers are that are mentioned. I bought the bike fall of 2014 and have some sort of spacers on mine now. I still couldn't get the fairing appart without taking off the passing lights. I am thinking it may be because I have a visor on the head light. I did take them off and back on again, but took me about an hour or more just to get the bolts back in with the spacers while holding the passing lights.

I see this an old thread. I hope somebody will read it and let me know what these spacers are that are mentioned. I bought the bike fall of 2014 and have some sort of spacers on mine now. I still couldn't get the fairing appart without taking off the passing lights. I am thinking it may be because I have a visor on the head light. I did take them off and back on again, but took me about an hour or more just to get the bolts back in with the spacers while holding the passing lights.

I use the 5mm ball end as stated below and it only takes me 5 min to remove or put them back on.

I just bought ball end's a couple of days ago. I read somebody else say they just loosen theirs and that lets them out of the way enough. Next time I will try that and now with the proper allen keys. Thanks Bert2006

I just bought ball end's a couple of days ago. I read somebody else say they just loosen theirs and that lets them out of the way enough. Next time I will try that and now with the proper allen keys. Thanks Bert2006

It works well. I have to take mine completely off as I have a visor on the headlamp. Usually tie them up with a string so they hang but not with full weight on the wires. Also cover the fender so as not to scratch. Also when you put them back carefull about pinching the wires and check your steering stops to make sure wires clear those, otherwise they will get pinched and short out.