IGNORED

New tires Going to Shinko's

I have learned that you (USUALLY) get what you pay for. I'm putting $ away until I have enough to get the good stuff... Always remember if you buy cheap you usually buy twice...you have to replace the items you got for cheap... Having said that I know if you shop smart enough you can find some killer deals; but remember Murphy says no matter how long you shop or how long you wait (till the price drops) just as soon as you buy some one has it for less some where else.

I have ran several pair of Shenko's on various 1st gens and have nothing but praise for them. They do wear faster, but are a bit softer and perform flawlessly. I run twisties hard and never had them slip on me, I dont think you'll be disappointed other than you'll get a little less on the mileage 0.02

I have learned that you (USUALLY) get what you pay for. I'm putting $ away until I have enough to get the good stuff... Always remember if you buy cheap you usually buy twice...you have to replace the items you got for cheap... Having said that I know if you shop smart enough you can find some killer deals; but remember Murphy says no matter how long you shop or how long you wait (till the price drops) just as soon as you buy some one has it for less some where else.

Well the tires were a lot less than the 404's but by no means cheap. I feel the point I was making is that if I get the same wear, out of the shinko's that I did out of the 404's then I've gotten a bargain in these tires. It might mean I have to change the tires in two years instead of three or even four( if I'm lucky) but to get the Shinko's at half the price of the Dunlops for the same miles is getting a deal.

Oh, took most of the day but got the tires mounted and back on the bike. while I was at it I cleaned up under neath the bike and Also cleaned some rust off the mufflers, Tomorrow I change the oil and filter.

I'm running Shinko 230's on my 1st Gen.....did some mountain twisties this past weekend. Leaned way over, scrapping the highway pads, on a hard left turn with 3rd gear throttle on. Kind of a pucker factor for me...but the scoot tracked perfectly! Whew!

Video coming of part of the trip to Payson soon.

david

Well the tires were a lot less than the 404's but by no means cheap. I feel the point I was making is that if I get the same wear, out of the Shinto's that I did out of the 404's then I've gotten a bargain in these tires. It might mean I have to change the tires in two years instead of three or even four( if I'm lucky) but to get the Shinko's at half the price of the Dunlops for the same miles is getting a deal.

If you get the wear you're looking for and YOU are happy no one can ask for a better deal. YOUR happiness is paramount, not what others think. BUT having said that getting the tools to do your own tire changing is a good investment that will pay for it self in NO TIME!