IGNORED

Finely, Got me some new seats for my 99-RSV

Zzyzx

Finely, After looking for what seemed to be forever I finely found a set of replacement seats for my 99 RSV.

They arrived today and I've already installed them so I can ride later today to test out the rider seat comfort.

If this one rides anything like the one my riding buddy let me try out it will be a great change.

These are in great shape and got them for a ridiculously good price.

Now I'll be ready for even longer rides and maybe even do an Iron Butt or two this year.

new seat2.JPG

new seat3.JPG

new seat4.JPG

They are the stock seats that came off I think a 2008 RSV.

The guy I purchased them from wasn't sure if the RSV these came off of was an 08 or 09 but either way they are nice and are much more comfortable than the original 99 seats.

Look just like my 09's. But anny of the pillow tops look the same. I have many miles of enjoyable riding. And the wife really likes it. She likes it better the the $650+ Mustang that was on the Vulcan.

I have custom made Corbins on my bike and have to say that I was ready to tear them off after the first 500 miles or so. Decided to hang on a little longer and guess what. After around 1200 miles they really feel good and my butt does not hurt at all after a long days ride. I will admitt though that the Yamaha seats are VERY comfortable and do not need any riding in - and the pillow tops look very nice.

I just bought a Corbin for the trike. The seller only used it once, and it still had that new seat smell. $250 with the drivers backrest. That's about what they go for used. I have Corbins on all three of my RSV's and my '91VR. They like me. Not so the pillow tops. I thought the pillows would be the ultimate in riding pleasure, and for many they are, but for me it didn't work out that way. I'm tall and heavy. Not many around built like me. Consequently I crushed the pillow padding and put a lot of pressure against the back rise trying to get back off the tank. After a 10 day ride to Cody and back, plus a lot of touring around Cody the results were disastrous. My tailbone area was blistered, and my butt was so numb I couldn't feel it for months afterwards... That's because I'm tall and heavy.... 6'6"/ 340#. For some one lighter and shorter I bet the pillows are great. So even though you may think.. like I did..., that the pillow top is the answer, but have a large economy sized bod, you may want to think about it a bit.

Before I bought this last Corbin I had plans on dropping an eBay beater off at the Corbin factory and have it custom re-built... today as a matter of fact.... but since I bought the new one, I'm gonna pass... and leaving for my daughter's in SoCal in the AM tomorrow.

Have a Happy Easter everyone....