IGNORED

Concealed weapon permits

Skid

I really never did understand the CCW permit crud,if your weapon is concealed how is anyone going to know your carrying it,I have one,but rarely carry concealed,I just feel that alot of states are going to fight this law because their going to lose a lot of money,personally I would love to save my 50.00 every 5yrs.On the other side of the coin,I don`t think the State Government should be able to overrule the Federal Government or the Constitution.:usa:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really never did understand the CCW permit crud,if your weapon is concealed how is anyone going to know your carrying it,

It's like any other law - you're not going to be punished if you're not caught. On the other hand, if you have a routine interaction with police and they discover you carrying concealed without the proper permit you are instantly looking at felony charges.

I don't carry, I don't need that kind of trouble. I'm not sure if I really want to, I have a bit of a temper I don't want to blow anybody away. Beleave me I know there are time's when gun carry is appropriate, but I know how fast it happens unless I opened the door in a combat ready position at all times a gun would have done me no good it was in a blink of the eye, I'm not nor ever have been that paranoid. I have always had guns and I always will, it would be a sad day when only Cops and Crooks can have guns. I still struggle with the thought of should I or shouldn't I send in the $140 and get a CCW, I'll probably get it someday especially now that I know about that Insurance, I guarantee you'll need it if you show a gun in public everyone's an attorney nowadays.

I really never did understand the CCW permit crud,if your weapon is concealed how is anyone going to know your carrying it,I have one,but rarely carry concealed,I just feel that alot of states are going to fight this law because their going to lose a lot of money,personally I would love to save my 50.00 every 5yrs.On the other side of the coin,I don`t think the State Government should be able to overrule the Federal Government or the Constitution.

State laws must follow the Constitution. When a law needs to apply to all states, an amendment to the constitution is ratified by the states. This system allows you and me to find a place to live where the people tend to have similar beliefs and character. The federal government has forced its laws on states without amendment under the guise of public safety or homeland defense. In many of these cases, such as gay marriage, the laws are not for public safety or defense.

:usa:

Edited by GaryZ

From what I understand about this bill, it doesn't do away with the CCW permits it just allows you to carry concealed if you don't have a permit. The permit program will still be there. The advantage to getting a permit will be the pressiprosity with other states.

I have an Arizona CCW and know that they haven't done away with them. They just don't require you to have one to carry concealed.

From what I understand about this bill, it doesn't do away with the CCW permits it just allows you to carry concealed if you don't have a permit. The permit program will still be there. The advantage to getting a permit will be the pressiprosity with other states.

I have an Arizona CCW and know that they haven't done away with them. They just don't require you to have one to carry concealed.

Correct

• 2 weeks later...

I had a CCL in Texas, but carry was an extra pain because of the law against open carry - that makes it illegal for anyone to see your gun for any reason, such as your coat flapping in the wind or just riding up when you bend over. Love it here in New Mexico now - also have my CCL here, but since we are an open carry state, there is no worry about taking my jacket off or having my gun exposed for any reason. In fact, I often just open carry when the weather makes it more convenient, and nobody ever gives you a second glance. Guns are an accepted part of life out here, and seeing one on someone's hip doesn't send anyone into a tizzy.

Goose

Not sure how far it has gotten but I think Texas is on the verge of open carry. I sure hope so. Only because it is hard to concealed carry some times. If you should carry is never a question. The only real question is what do you feel the most comfortable with packing.

kickshot

I had a CCL in Texas, but carry was an extra pain because of the law against open carry - that makes it illegal for anyone to see your gun for any reason, such as your coat flapping in the wind or just riding up when you bend over. Love it here in New Mexico now - also have my CCL here, but since we are an open carry state, there is no worry about taking my jacket off or having my gun exposed for any reason. In fact, I often just open carry when the weather makes it more convenient, and nobody ever gives you a second glance. Guns are an accepted part of life out here, and seeing one on someone's hip doesn't send anyone into a tizzy.

Goose

Oklahoma passed "open carry" last year. The folks that carry were happy for the same reasons that you mentioned. The anti-gunners were screaming that we would return to the wild west. Not much has changed . . .

Goose

Florida where I got my permit amended their CC law so that is not illegal if someone accidentally sees your weapon in your pocket or whatever. I believe NC is the same. You can also draw the weapon to deescalate a dangerous situation. I would hesitate to do this though since the other person(s) may be carrying and they might could legally fire on you. It's a responsibility for sure.