IGNORED

Heading to Ft Lauderdale

cecdoo

Need to escape this cold & snow for awhile, we are driving down should arrive sat the 28th. Have all day Sunday to kill before boarding cruise ship on monday. Anyone in the area that can recommend a must see place or restaurant we can visit? Anyone interested in meeting for Dinner or coffee?

Thanks, Craig

Have a GREAT time down there CE!! Get on that ship, have the CaptN' choose a straight south heading and dont stop until ya hit 90 degrees!! Shut off the motor and stay there till ya here from one of CABIN FEVERED family members thats it's safe to come home (thats what I would do)!!

Seriously, hope you have a super time down there!!

Puc

Los Olas is what I believe the street name is where we went a lot. It's not far from the beach. It's like old down town. There are lots of small restaurants where you can eat and some unique shops. You can go for rides on large boats that show you around the canals where the rich and famous live.

I grew up and lived in Ft. Laud. area for too many years to remember...rode my first motorcycle there. There are alot of good places to eat there just depends on your likes. Take you wife to Sawgrass Mills shopping center, she'll love you for it. Head over to South Port bar, try the conch salad and a cold beer, it's right around the corner from port Everglades where you'll be taking your cruise. Here's more info.....enjoy your time there...

Southport Raw Bar

$$ · Seafood Restaurant

1536 Cordova Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

(954) 525-2526

I remember being in Ft Lau back in 1972...laying on the beach. Really a nice place back then, and that was the last time I was there... Man that has been a long time ago...Im sure it has changed.

It will be our first time in the area, hope its still as nice as you remember! Usually we just go to Florida to see Mickey!