IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Here's a link to a site with info about...

Dr. Evermore's Scrap Metal Park

http://www.ohiobarns.com/othersites/miscellaneous/49-57smp/49-57scrapmpark0.html

where we found the big guitar. If you're ever in south central Wisconsin, check it out. It's South of Baraboo on US 12 about 8 miles.

The good doctor is now in a wheel chair, but will be sculpting again this summer. :backinmyday:

That was a fun target, can't wait for the next one to be found so Karen and I can play again.:sign bring it on:

Later, Scooter Bob and Karen

P.S. The current target still is...

You and your bike and a real life Round Barn in the pic. If not quite round, at least an octagon

Edited by Scooter Bob

How 'bout a picture of you & your bike in front of a larger-than-life musical instrument.

Something you might find in front of a music landmark, nightclub, recording studio, music store or something. Has to be at least 3 or 4+X normal scale to qualify.

It 's not where you wanted us to find it, but it's big. It's at a Scrap Metal Sculpture park just south of Baraboo. I can't believe I never heard of this place till yesterday. I'll post a link about the park when we get home.

WilCruise , If you like it, the next target is something my dad (a truck driver) says can be found in most areas of the country. So Here Goes...

You and your bike and a real life Round Barn in the pic. If not quite round, at least an octagon, we saw one of each on the ride yesterday, so I know they are out there.

Good Luck, Scooter Bob and Karen

The Dells,Baraboo,I was sorta kinda close.:whistling:...Is that the place across from the the Badger Ammo plant?????????

Hey buddy,thanks for the sideways pictures...I think I threw my neck out of joint....:crackup::crackup:

"The Dells,Baraboo,I was sorta kinda close...."

Ya, kinda close, but I don't think it's the one you were tipping me off to, so I feel better about it. I didn't want to be called a cheater if I didn't absolutely have to be..:2143::rotf:

"Is that the place across from the the Badger Ammo plant?????????"

Yes, and it's quite a place. Have you been there before?? I also liked the Surplus Store right next door. It's like a boneyard for used industrial equipment. I may be back the next time they want me to do a low budget automation project at work.:scratchchin:

"Hey buddy,thanks for the sideways pictures...I think I threw my neck out of joint...."

Sorry, it was just soooo tall, it's the only way to take the pics. And then I used my sister's puter to post them on Friday as promised so we could stay up there an extra day. She's into apples now,and our camera wouldn't hook up, so we fired up an old laptop she had. :bang head:Between the old puter and the very slow "Wildfire" satalite internet, I was glad I got anything to post. Our 100 mbs dsl now seems like one of those "first gens" I've heard so much about.:biker:

You and your bike and a real life Round Barn in the pic. If you're riding today, there is a round one about 12 miles west-southwest of here. There is an octagon one on 12 between Dr Evermore's Scrap Sculpture and Baraboo or the Dells.

:sign Rock On:

Has everyone voted in VR POLLS about sticking this thread on the front page again???

Later, Scooter Bob and Karen

P.S. Happy Easter Dan and Shari and everyone else..:big-grin-emoticon:

P.S.S. Because this thread does get "chatty" (not that there's anything wrong with that) I'm going to repost whatever the current target is at the bottom of all my posts so it's easy for everyone that's playing to keep track...Perhaps others will do the same...

The current target is...

You and your bike and a real life Round Barn in the pic. If not quite round, at least an octagon. by Scooter Bob and Karen

Edited by Scooter Bob

That one's not near as perrty as the red octagon I saw the other day, but it's round and it may have been a barn and that works for me.:happy34:

So eagleeye, what are the rest of us looking for now???:think:

We've got a little day light left, and I'm itchin for a little ride..:Venture:

Later, Scooter Bob

Here ya go, Me, my bike and a round barn-----

Scooter Bob,

Thanks for the headsup on this one. I did pick a round barn south of here though. Much cooler roads to get there and back on.

Steve

I don't know Steve,we are looking thru your windshield at the barn.It might be a square barn that appears round...:think: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously,nice job on the one handed picture taking...:thumbsup2:

The Wisconsin folks might not have the most restaurants listed,but we are kicking butt on the VR Scavenger Hunt......:banana::banana::banana: :D:D

Hey Dan,

I've been driving by that barn for several years now, and it is used as a barn, not in the best shape for sure. Actually, there is this very cool, strange house, if you will just up the road, and for sale that I wanted to see.

And turned on some really cool back roads to get back home on. The back roads ALL had sand on the corners still from last winter, so be careful on them.

Had to take a bunch of pics to actually get me, the bike and the barn all in the picture. :happy65:

I think the out west guys might just get the burma shave one though.

Steve

Hey Dan, what's the extra credit?? :beersign:Here's your tractor and silo, it's a MM jet star with loader for sale for $3,500.

And 2 miles later we find a caboose.

THANK YOU TO WHOEVER "STICKY" 'd THE THREAD AGAIN. Hopefully we'll get this going strong again..:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Later, Scooter Bob

:sign back to topic:The current target still is "You, your bike, and a burma shave sign." by EagleEye

Hey Dan, what's the extra credit?? :beersign:Here's your tractor and silo, it's a MM jet star with loader for sale for $3,500.

And 2 miles later we find a caboose.

THANK YOU TO WHOEVER "STICKY" 'd THE THREAD AGAIN. Hopefully we'll get this going strong again..:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Later, Scooter Bob

Wow,if I had the cash,that would be at my house tomorrow...Great job finding a old target and still asking for extra credit....:rasberry:

You got a brewski coming :beer: and I'll even buy Karen one too because I love her hand signals on the bike...:rotfl:

:sign back to topic:The current target still is "You, your bike, and a burma shave sign." by EagleEye

Anybody else have to google "bandshell"? :bang head: On the upside now that I know what it is I know where one is but I aint saying...:rotfl:

google it now thats funny as we have one just a few blocks away from us up the river