IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Problem, now there are two targets, but since there wasn't any comment for so long, I would vote for the tractor target, also, now that 4th of July is over and weather is cooling, fireworks might be very hard to find?

To be fair, why not let BOTH targets ride, and the first one to find one of them, then gets to set the new single target. Be sure to check the thread before posting any new "targets" to make sure one hasn't already been set?

good idea, my next shot for fireworks will be new years eve though.

what is "SEE ROCK CITY" ? that really not gona happen here either?

Edited by MikeM8560

seems evereyone forgot the OP's basic rules.

Targets must be fairly generic so that anyone can hit them with a little effort. No targets like, you, your bike, and the Golden Gate bridge for instance.. A more suitable target would be - you, your bike, and a truss style bridge.

Pilothawk: Have to differ with you on your picture, that's neither a silo or a tractor. What you have is a grain bin and a dozer. I'll try to do a picture here that should qualify as silo and tractor, although I forgot to get myself in the shot. :no-no-no:

[ATTACH]22476[/ATTACH]

Since you actually turned around to get the shot, and I just lined things up on my yard, and took the picture, I'll defer to your choice of the next target, okay??

Larry

The pic I got was a close as I could get. Someone else can post another picture and name a target. As far as being generic, there are literally thousands of barns with the painted signs on their roof's. Let the hunt resume. The point is to get out and ride and THEN get the pics if you can. If you are simply out to get the pic then what is the fun?

Anyway, happy riding!

I guess the controversy remains.....you now have 3 targets to chose from.

A silo and farm tractor

A fireworks display

or a "See Rock City" barn

It all depends on the mood of the "game"

I guess the controversy remains.....you now have 3 targets to chose from.

A silo and farm tractor

A fireworks display

or a "See Rock City" barn

2 targets, maybe, but not 3. I got the silo and tractor. We just didn't have to go for a ride to get this one. (We did go for a ride after we took the picture, however.):cool10:

My first thought on the Rock City barn was "What's that?" but after Cinderella's post, it looks like it might be something that quite a few folks, though not everyone, can get at. Good luck looking, and riding!!!

Larry

It took me a while, but I finally did it.

Here's a picture of me, my bike, the westminster college titan mascot, watching fireworks in front of a rock city painted barn, next to a tractor in front of a silo. Wow, that was a tough one...

Next target, you, your bike, in front of a giant American Flag...

Good Luck... and NO CHEATING:banana::banana::banana:

My first thought on the Rock City barn was "What's that?" but after Cinderella's post, it looks like it might be something that quite a few folks, though not everyone, can get at. Good luck looking, and riding!!!

Larry

never seen one barn from Nh to Fl :confused24:

Il point back to the original original poster "Targets must be fairly generic so that anyone can hit them with a little effort."

seems to be the reason the thread has been dead :255:

Mike,

The Rock City Barn has been found, Big flag should be pretty easy for anyone, just have to do it. I think we are back on track.

About your trip, did you get off the interstates? Since Rock City is in the SE area, I am pretty sure there are a few barns in the area you were in, but you may have to get off the big roads. Anyway, they were all over the US at one point. I thought it was a pretty good target, and it was found pretty quick.

Seems we are going again, just need to keep the targets something most people could find. Having a chance at a target makes it more fun, as you implied.

Pilothawk: Have to differ with you on your picture, that's neither a silo or a tractor. What you have is a grain bin and a dozer. I'll try to do a picture here that should qualify as silo and tractor, although I forgot to get myself in the shot. :no-no-no:

[ATTACH]22476[/ATTACH]

Since you actually turned around to get the shot, and I just lined things up on my yard, and took the picture, I'll defer to your choice of the next target, okay??

Larry

You got the correct picture except for the fact your not in it.:rasberry:

Also points will have to be deducted because the tractor is a john deere.:stirthepot::D:D

It took me a while, but I finally did it.

Here's a picture of me, my bike, the westminster college titan mascot, watching fireworks in front of a rock city painted barn, next to a tractor in front of a silo. Wow, that was a tough one...

Next target, you, your bike, in front of a giant American Flag...

Good Luck... and NO CHEATING:banana::banana::banana:

Very creative.:happy34:I think we have a winner.

I think we should start fresh with the American flag target and go from there....:):)

I wasn't implying anything!! You've seen that photo of the shark attacking the guy in the helicopter in San Francisco? I'm just saying that sometimes, if you look really, really close you might see some indication that a photo was digitally altered. My highly trained eye doesn't see anything wrong with YOURS but, I'm just saying...anything is possible in this digital age! If yours was doctored at all, it was a brilliant and skilled job!

You got the correct picture except for the fact your not in it.:rasberry:

Also points will have to be deducted because the tractor is a john deere.:stirthepot::D:D

I knew I blew it about not being in the picture after I had it downloading, but let it go anyway. No points deducted for JD tractor, as I recall, just extra credit for an IH or Minneapoli Moline. I can see where you should get extra credit there, as most IH & MM tractors will need a tow to get them by the silo, unless that's where they happened to die.:rasberry: Larry

I knew I blew it about not being in the picture after I had it downloading, but let it go anyway. No points deducted for JD tractor, as I recall, just extra credit for an IH or Minneapoli Moline. I can see where you should get extra credit there, as most IH & MM tractors will need a tow to get them by the silo, unless that's where they happened to die.:rasberry: Larry

:bawling:Ah Krispy,your killing me..:DThey aren't really dead.They are just resting until somebody who can appreciate vintage iron can come along and rescue them and allow them to rise from the ashes (i mean rust) just like the Phoenix.....:crackup::crackup:

ya, what is the target now? let's decide on something so i know what to watch out for the next time i'm riding, although it's starting to get a little chilly around here today. before too long the target will be a snow man.

and i can't believe you guys figured out that picture was fake, i mean, with all the time i spent trying to get the pictures to blend together and all. did someone really think it was real? maybe i could get a job creating pictures for the tabloids.

let's decide on something and get this thing going again...

• 2 weeks later...