IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Not to diminish their service, but would a uniformed person or liveried qualify as a costumed person?

I.e.: Police, postal worker, UPS driver, Army, Cost Guard, Air Force, Navy, Marine, National Guard, Doctor, Nurse, Auto Mechanic, Pit Crewman, Race Car Driver, Fast Food Worker, Hooters Girl, etc.......

I ask as I see some of these fine people every day.

Sorry, but Animal says no... they wear uniforms not costumes.

close but no cigar. Riding with the local Gold Wing group through Eureka IL Friday evening, there was a costumed character near a park where there were some baseball games going on. I should have just told the group I would meet them at the restaurant and turned around. By the time we left, I had forgotten about checking to see if the "suit" was still there.:bang head:

This thing is dead. The costume character just isn't working. I know the last person is supposed to set a target, but how about I set one, and then excuse myself from the hunt?

We need to get going again with something you can actually find when riding around normally.

NEXT TARGET:

I am into old cars, and you can find them most weekends till winter, so how about:

You, your bike and a car older than 1940 (1939 or older). Bonus points if it is brown (gold, tan, copper, brass, or just plain brown).

Go for it, let's get this thing going again!

This thing is dead. The costume character just isn't working. I know the last person is supposed to set a target, but how about I set one, and then excuse myself from the hunt?

We need to get going again with something you can actually find when riding around normally.

NEXT TARGET:

I am into old cars, and you can find them most weekends till winter, so how about:

You, your bike and a car older than 1940 (1939 or older). Bonus points if it is brown (gold, tan, copper, brass, or just plain brown).

Go for it, let's get this thing going again!

I don't agree.Scavenger hunts aren't always easy.That's what makes them a challenge..

We've been looking,but just haven't been in the right place at the right time...

Just my toonies worth....eh............:Laugh:

I has now been over two months on the last target, that is DEAD DEAD DEAD IMO. If someone can't find it in that time, then people have lost interest. Time to change the target. If nobody else objects, I will suggest, strongly, that we go with my new target, or the last guy set a new one if he is still around. If we don't hear from him by the time someone gets the new one, then that is that.

I think that is reasonable. Scavenger hunts should not be super easy, but if it goes two months, that is reason enough to move on.

On the other hand, we could just leave it as is, and I or someone else can just start a new one, and get going again. I think it would be easier to just change this one.

Took a while and several tries for me to get the cops and the donut shop and my bike and then I got three :bobby::bobby::bobby: supervisors at the same time with one of them :photographing:taking the picture.

Have faith :fingers-crossed-emo that the results will occur and they will most likely be greater than anticipated.:big-grin-emoticon:

The donut shop thing took just a few days, it has been more than two months on this one.

As for Pegscraper, the description didn't say running or not, so 100 point show car, driver or junked, upside down, no wheels, etc count, just as long as you can fairly easily identify it as 1939 or older. Covered in rust counts as brown in my book! :)

A thread that is active is better than a dead one.

• 2 weeks later...

Well nobody has been able to find either the old OR new target, so I would suspect this thread is dead. Someone needs to unstick it and let it die.

Someone should start a new one, it was fun for a while, but there needs to be a rule that if the target isn't found within a few days (not weeks) then change it and keep the fun going.

DocO, you started this and did a good job, why not give it another try?

Well nobody has been able to find either the old OR new target, so I would suspect this thread is dead. Someone needs to unstick it and let it die.

Someone should start a new one, it was fun for a while, but there needs to be a rule that if the target isn't found within a few days (not weeks) then change it and keep the fun going.

DocO, you started this and did a good job, why not give it another try?

I'll get the pic of a '37 Olds coupe and the bike on Sat.if nobody else does b4 that...:happy34:

Way to go Dan! Super cool pick and your dad's Olds is a keeper.

Lots of farms around here, and I could have gotten that pic a hundred times over the last 2/5 days as the wife and I went with the Venturers group to Galena over the weekend.

Actually I am sure I have that pic, but it was taken 50 feet from my bike with a valley spread out below and behind the bike, probably a hundred silo's and tractors somewhere in the pic, but you would need better resolution and a microscope to find them!

Way to go Dan! Super cool pick and your dad's Olds is a keeper.

Lots of farms around here, and I could have gotten that pic a hundred times over the last 2/5 days as the wife and I went with the Venturers group to Galena over the weekend.

Actually I am sure I have that pic, but it was taken 50 feet from my bike with a valley spread out below and behind the bike, probably a hundred silo's and tractors somewhere in the pic, but you would need better resolution and a microscope to find them!

Glad you liked the pic Don..:happy34:

We will have to work on getting our rides to mesh...We were just north of you in the Dubuque,Hazel Green,New Diggings and Gratiot,Wi.........All day Sunday :doh:

Now I have to go to work,hop in the rig and drive to where else,Dubuque,Ia..:whistling:

FINALLY!!!

Me, My Bike, and the Westminster College Titans mascot character.

Taken this past Saturday before the game at the tailgate party.

Next target...You, Your bike and fireworks exploding in the background.

(since my hometown is the "Fireworks Capital of America")

Here's the picture...

Problem, now there are two targets, but since there wasn't any comment for so long, I would vote for the tractor target, also, now that 4th of July is over and weather is cooling, fireworks might be very hard to find?

To be fair, why not let BOTH targets ride, and the first one to find one of them, then gets to set the new single target. Be sure to check the thread before posting any new "targets" to make sure one hasn't already been set?

Stick with the next target as: You your bike and a farm silo w/tractor, much easier to get, and doesn't require waiting for dark. The pick with the character was great, but just a little late.

Making the targets easier won't make this less fun, it will make it more fun. More people participating is better than fewer.

My feeling was the more challenging the target is the more fun it is.

Easy targets make it more of a race instead of a scavenger hunt.

But whatever you guys want to do is fine with me.

I just know that i've been looking for a costume character everywhere i went for the last couple months, and when this one came walking down the street at the tailgate party i was like a kid at christmas. i was shaking and my wife thought i was insane. but that's what made it even better.

plus, i've had the fireworks target in my head ever since this thing started.

my hometown of new castle,pa is known as the fireworks capital of america, and that's our little claim to fame.

2 of the most famous fireworks companies are zambelli's and pyrotechnico(which just won a major competition in canada).

there is fireworks around here all the time, but i guess in other parts of the country the fireworks shows must slow down after july 4th.

the silo/tractor target is fine with me, but i'm still going to feel like i won this one:dancefool:

If we had a list of winners, I would absolutely think you should be on it for the mascot! I just think that as long as that one took, waiting for someone to be in the right place at the right time with a camera that would adequately show bike, rider and fireworks would be a little tougher.

I got the silo and a dozer :) The tractor was on the other side of the barn.

I went on a ride today with trucker6pak and his wife, and we really enjoyed ourselves. We passed this silo on the way home, and I remember the scavenger hunt and turned around to get the pic.

The next target may be unfair to some of our northern and western brethren, but I like it so here it is.

You, your, bike, and a real barn roof that has been painted and says "SEE ROCK CITY"

Good luck and get out and ride!