IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Got up to 67F today and took off and had a great ride. Saw 2 old classic cars (a 62? Corvair and an highly modified old IH Scout) but with both there was no place to pull off the road to get a picture. Guess I will be "forced" to go looking tomorrow.

The car was parked outside a muffler shop, it wasn't in too terrible of shape for an early 50's car.

In honor of this upcoming spring season how about finding something I seek out every spring.

You, Your Bike. and a River with ICE Flowing downstream. Have fun hunting everyone.

The car was parked outside a muffler shop, it wasn't in too terrible of shape for an early 50's car.

In honor of this upcoming spring season how about finding something I seek out every spring.

You, Your Bike. and a River with ICE Flowing downstream. Have fun hunting everyone.

Think I am out of this one for sure :whistling:

That is a 1951 Chevy. My first car was a '51 chey. I overhauled the entire drivetrain in my dad's garage, he bought the $50 car for me as a 15th birthday present with the stipulation that I get it fixed up before 16 and it would be mine. He would pay the bills but I had to do all the work except where it was dangerous to work alone. I overhauled the engine in the car, took out the tranny and rebuilt it with parts from two others (I can still field strip an old 3 speed chevy trans in my sleep) and put all new bearings on the center section by banging them off and back on with a hammer and screwdriver between two concrete blocks after three different car dealers said they didn't have the experience or tools to do it! Car rand like a clock for two years and we traded it on a '57 before I went to college.

I was at the St. Patricks day parade yesterday in Peoria, IL, with the local GoldWing club, and was right behind a 60's Corvair pickup and forgot to get the picture! Dang it! :bang head:

Don't think there is any more ice in the Illinois river but maybe I can throw in a few ice cubes?

Don

Don't think there is any more ice in the Illinois river but maybe I can throw in a few ice cubes?

Don

That's amazing, I figured that as cold as it was this winter lots of places would still have ice. Many of our lakes and rivers are still iced over. Better be a bag full.

I would say give it a few more days. We have had some targets hang around a long time, but if you can get the t arget yourself, nothing says you can't do that and set up a new one at the same time!

Plus you said we could be creative. someone may find that solution yet.

We have ice in the rivers still but unfortunately have ice everywhere else also. Under winter storm warning and getting hit right now with freezing rain and sleet.

No :bikersmilie: or :photographing: again for awhile now. :95:

Update: Now snowing HARD!!!!!

Edited by KarlS
update

We have ice in the rivers still but unfortunately have ice everywhere else also. Under winter storm warning and getting hit right now with freezing rain and sleet.

No :bikersmilie: or :photographing: again for awhile now. :95:

Update: Now snowing HARD!!!!!

I have a creative way to meet it just have to get back home to do it.

:lightbulb:

I have a creative way to meet it just have to get back home to do it.

:lightbulb:

Please do!:thumbsup2:

Karen and I went hunting Saturday, the ice is on the lakes yet, but with all the rain, the rivers below them are all water and flooding.:bang head:

I checked several rivers today on the way to MO, and only saw boats floating.:confused24:

Later, Scooter Bob

PS, I sure could use a target that I might find down here, as I'm a day ahead of schedule. Plenty of time for puttin' some back roads between here and Waller, TX

Seems this target is getting less likely to be met as the calendar advance's so I'm going to give it till Monday night.

Starting Tuesday the new target will be.

You, Your bike and 2 Hooters Girls in front of the bar. Bonus points if she's on the bike with you The bonus will get ya either an :fnd_(16): or a :beer: When we cross paths.

OK, but being an old fart, and married, I think I have a better chance of getting ice in a mid-July Illinois river! :)

Wait a minute Don ! I think many of us fall into that catagory but you shouldn't ever be too old or too married to " talk " to a pretty, young girl. I'll buy you and the wife a bonus round if you can get the wife in the picture too :whistling:

The back roads I travel wouldn't have any hooters on them unless I can tackle a big breasted owl or two. Good luck to all others.

Well get off them backroads for an afternoon. Variety is the spice of life.

I was going to buy a 50 pound block of ice and let it float down the river. Wife is not too hot on the Hooters ID put I still think I can pull it off. (That is if I can get my bike tagged Monday)

:doh: Sometimes ya just gotta know when to keep your mouth shut !

:080402gudl_prv: on that block of ice. I'd love to see that :stickpoke:

LMAO :rotfl: Come on guys, let your hair down and have a little fun. I am going to PM Scooter Bob on this one. I'm sure he'll be interested in the hunt :witch_brew:. Unfortunately he is headed into colder weather now:cold:, darn the luck huh guys? LOL I can honestly say that Scooter enjoys trying to find every target out there. Have a great time in your searching:080402gudl_prv:. Karen

Go for it Joe, but remember, it says TWO hooters girls.:no-no-no:

I expect to be to Colorado Springs with plenty of time to kill before my friend gets done with work, so I'll be hunting later this afternoon too.:cool10:

Expected high of 55 degrees there today, should make for a great pic.:banana:

If I can get it.:doh:

Happy Hunting, Scooter Bob

The current target is...

You, Your bike and 2 Hooters Girls in front of the bar. Bonus points if she's on the bike with you The bonus will get ya either an :fnd_(16): or a :beer: When we cross paths. by Ragtop69GS

I expect to be to Colorado Springs with plenty of time to kill before my friend gets done with work, so I'll be hunting later this afternoon too.:cool10:

I ended up deciding to kill my time riding around in the mountains, instead sitting at the Hooters. They'll be plenty of other days for that.

But, I did find these on my tour, see pic below.:rotfl::crackup:

Later, Scooter Bob

You, Your bike and 2 Hooters Girls in front of the bar. Bonus points if she's on the bike with you The bonus will get ya either an :fnd_(16): or a :beer: When we cross paths. by Ragtop69GS