IGNORED

Premeaux Batwing Fairing

This was one of the fairings that I was considering for a nomad then I came here and have changed my mind to just buy a venture when the time comes for a new bike. They do look like a nice product but I haven't seen one up close. What about a fairing from a venture?

I am considering installing a Premeaux batwing fairing with radio kit and 6.5 inch speaker holes onto my 2006 RSTD. Has anyone tried one of these on an '05 or later RSTD? Feedback? Thanks!

Will their fairing fit a RSTD?? I didn't think they had one that would fit yet.:confused24:

Reply to: Havent seen that brand. Do you have a link so we can see?

Here's a link to a dealer in Airdrie AB. He puts them on the Boss Hoss bikes that he sells.

www.destinationcycles.com/BatwingFairings.htm

Venture fairings are hard to find all of the mounting parts for and are really expensive when you do.

I'll probably switch to Venture or Harley Ultra bars if I do it.

Iim still looking at options. I did ride an Ultra for 800 miles last week and really like the position and wind protection...both were a lot better for me than the RSTD with stock removable windshield and beach bars..

Serge at Premeux says he shipped one to a 2006 RSTD owner recently, and that the customer was happy with it....but no pictures so I am wondering about whether the stereo pocket will clear the dask with speedo....

Reply to: Havent seen that brand. Do you have a link so we can see?

Here's a link to a dealer in Airdrie AB. He puts them on the Boss Hoss bikes that he sells.

www.destinationcycles.com/BatwingFairings.htm

Venture fairings are hard to find all of the mounting parts for and are really expensive when you do.

I'll probably switch to Venture or Harley Ultra bars if I do it.

Iim still looking at options. I did ride an Ultra for 800 miles last week and really like the position and wind protection...both were a lot better for me than the RSTD with stock removable windshield and beach bars..

Serge at Premeux says he shipped one to a 2006 RSTD owner recently, and that the customer was happy with it....but no pictures so I am wondering about whether the stereo pocket will clear the dask with speedo....

Bob, that's be my ? That speedo is beautiful to look at - BUT - it complicates adding options. That would be interesting if indeed they did ship one and that person was able to install it.

I guess I will ask the obvious,.

If you bought the RSTD and want to put a fairing on it, then why not by the Venture? Same engine, frame and better seats than the RSTD.

:stirthepot:

And if you don't want the trunk , then take it off. Salty and one other member have done just that too.

Larry

I guess I will ask the obvious,.

If you bought the RSTD and want to put a fairing on it, then why not by the Venture? Same engine, frame and better seats than the RSTD.

:stirthepot:

George, I would imagine that it would be for the same reason those of us with the TD's don't / won't buy a new Venture Trunk - too much from YamaMama. They should take some clues from another manufacturer and make more of these types of options available - at a fairly affordable cost. And I guess there hasn't been that much interest:confused24: from TD owners to have Hoppe or others (other than the RadioCaddy) make them. I know I have been looking for one to add to my bike!!:whistling::cool10:

George, I would imagine that it would be for the same reason those of us with the TD's don't / won't buy a new Venture Trunk - too much from YamaMama. They should take some clues from another manufacturer and make more of these types of options available - at a fairly affordable cost. And I guess there hasn't been that much interest:confused24: from TD owners to have Hoppe or others (other than the RadioCaddy) make them. I know I have been looking for one to add to my bike!!:whistling::cool10:

Speaking for myself, I came back up to a big bike from an XS650 and was of course pleased with the RSTD. I owned a 1st gen Venture Royale and Kawasaki Voyager XII in the 80s and didn't really want that sort of bike again.

So now after 1 season - 13,500 very enjoyable kilometers - I rented a Harley Ultra over Christmas in Arizona and both the wife and I realy enjoyed the stereo and tour pack etc. for 800 miles.

So I could go sell my 2006 bike and take a beating and buy an Ultra for like $30-$35k in Alberta. Or take the same beating and then go buy a Venture. And give up the perfect no-whine, (finally) I-basket equipped, proven working bike I broke in and already love. Or I could add the pieces that I now want to mine and make it my own in the process. And not take the first year depreciation beating. So that works for me. Y'all can do whatever you want with your bikes...!:stirthepot:

All good points Bobby and nothing wrong with that either. I'd probably do the same thing if I was in your shoes.

Ok yesterday I attended the International bike show and saw a Hoppe fairing mounted on a Nomad. It looked real sharp too. As noted with the other brands of after market fairings there may be interferance with the radio compartment due to the TD's instrument cluster.

As far as mounting one up I see no real problems there either. Looks like a fairly straight forward mounting to me.

Good luck in your quest for a decent fairing there and let everyone know if you do find something that will workout for ya. I'm sure you're not the only TD owner who would want one.

Larry

BTW I've had experince mounting Harley fairings to Suzuki bikes . Check my photos

I went to the calgary bike show this weekend and seen destination cycles there. They had one mounted and playing music it did look like it could have been there from the factory. When I seen it I thought of you and got their web site but I see you already have it. Maybe they will be at the Edmonton show also.

It had been about twenty years since I had been on a bike when I bought my RSTD. I had always rode cruisers and had rode solo also. Never any long rides or any thing like that. When I went looking again I had the wife to think about so I wanted comfort for her but still wanted the cruiser style. I never really thought about a touring bike. Well after two years of riding my RSTD I love the bike. But........ now I too think that a Venture would be better suited to us. Well I guess I can always add the other stuff. I need a reason to paint my bike bright orange with yellow flames any way.

kickshot