IGNORED

Brake Light

PGunn

I am looking around on EBay and trying to stay in the good graces of my wife by not buying bike parts this one looks like a good deal if you need one. For those of you looking to add that second break light be it on the top or as I prefer under the trunk this might not be a bad idea:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-HIGH-LEVEL-LED-3RD-BRAKE-LIGHT-LED-BRAKE-LIGHT_W0QQitemZ250226900848QQihZ015QQcategoryZ33713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's listed as a buy it now for 9.99 and 9.95 shipping it's 14" x 1.5" x 1.5 comes with double sided tape to mount it on on back glass, but 2 holes are also available for those who want to screw it on if needed on a trim . Take a look it might be what your looking for.

It looks like a SOMA type of brake light and for the price it's not a bad deal. I'm doing a search in the parts section using this as a search "3rd brake light led -cover -decal -overlay" without the quotes.

There are some other interesting light setups that can also be adapted as a second light. One of the ones I'm thinking of is use one from a pickup truck that has the cargo lights on each side of the brake light and use them as a flashing lights when stopped but I have to check the laws before I buy one. Another thing you can do is make your own custom mount by picking up a piece of angle aluminum (1 1/2 inch) and mount the light into it cut the ends and bend them to fit in between the helmet hangers bolt it in then wire it up. I did that with one I bought and gave it that brushed look by sanding it then painted it a semigloss black.