IGNORED

Rider Down / A word to the wise from another site.

Guest RickB (Tx)

Guest RickB (Tx)

I copied this from another site, figured it might be "FOOD" for thought to all riders. . .

Well, they say fast food is no good for you but I never expected this...

I was out cruising last Thursday and decided to pull into a local McDonalds for a quick burger. There I am, driving straight in at about 10-15 mph and all of the sudden it felt like someone yanked the wheels out from under me! I was bouncing off the pavement before I knew what hit me!

As I lay there with the wind knocked out of me and feeling like I'd just been beaten, a guy came out and helped me up. When I choked out "...*gasp* why is your parking lot so slick??" he replied "we spill the grease sometimes on the way to the dumpster! Bikes wipe out here all the time! Another guy wiped out here just 2 weeks ago!!"

You can imagine my shock to find out that this was a regular occurance and they chose to do nothing about it! No sign, no sand, nothing!!

So, I've got one broken (looks like a zig-zag) rib in my back and a cracked one in my chest. About $1000 damage to my bike (windshield scratched to crap, crome damaged, handle bars all bent, triple-tree c**k outta whack). Needless to say, they'll be hearing from my lawyer!

I was able to ride to my fiancee's house but that was the most painful, toughest ride ever! My advice to anyone pulling into a fast food joint - avoid the dumpster like the plague! Park next door and walk over!! (...or just go to Subway - much healthier!)

First let me give you the facts. Then you can distort them anyway you wish.

Here's another thought. They shouldn't be dumping the grease into the dumpster. It should be getting recycled like you would oil from a car or bike. You're supposed to take it to an oil recycling collection site. That's what we're supposed to do with the oil from our turkey deep fryer when it's old.

I am glad to here that you are reasonably ok. I see brandy new bike and other toys in your future...that is after the successful lawsuit is over of course.

What others said...I would have thunk that stuff needed to be properly disposed of.

I copied this from another site, figured it might be "FOOD" for thought to all riders. . .

I am glad to here that you are reasonably ok. I see brandy new bike and other toys in your future...that is after the successful lawsuit is over of course.

What others said...I would have thunk that stuff needed to be properly disposed of.

Rick, you mis-read the start of the post:bang head: . I have put it in bold above & enlarged it, so you might be able to see it.

It was the word food that confused me Paul! Thanks for sorting me out. And it only took looking at your post 5 times to figure out what you were trying to tell me!

Ok...so I am not a rocket scientist!:rotf:

Sure you were not officer material, Rick????:stirthepot: :stirthepot:

Here's another thought. They shouldn't be dumping the grease into the dumpster. It should be getting recycled like you would oil from a car or bike. You're supposed to take it to an oil recycling collection site. That's what we're supposed to do with the oil from our turkey deep fryer when it's old.

Usually, a restaurant that uses a lot of grease has a separate dumpster for the grease and it is generally located near the trash dumpster.

That is something to watch out for. Thanks for the heads up, Rick!

Guest RickB (Tx)

Next time I will post in larger letters...lol...

Rick, you mis-read the start of the post:bang head: . I have put it in bold above & enlarged it, so you might be able to see it.

Rick, I think others had missed it too. But you were the only one commented, on as if it was rickb that went down.

If you had gone for the officer trg, they would have to give you a frontal lobotomy as well, just so you would fit in with the others.

Hey rickb....I'm pretty sure much of the comments about large print was for this me!

He knows Im getting up there....and actually Paul....I was asked if I was interested in officer training.....not that dumb though so I turned em down!