IGNORED

Miraculous Recovery From Bike Wreck

Wanderer

I'm sorry I have not been in contact. I've been, well, not well. Here is my response to Broncoboy.

Originally Posted by Broncoboy36081

Just saw where you were in Luverne. I'm in troy. We are neighbors lol!

Indeed we are. After two months in the hospital (got out mid August), Broken back, collapsed lungs, broken ribs, damaged spleen and brain, bike totaled and I'm not riding currently. Do not be concerned I'm doing well and walk 30 minutes each day. I was in a medically induced coma for 7 weeks and my family never new if I was gonna make it. While I certainly love motorcycling I gave in to their wish and did not get another bike.

The above paragraph does not mean we can not meet. I think my address is on the list. I always invite my biking friends to come by.

I've not made any contact in some while. I will post this in the forums so everyone will know what's going on. Thank you Broncoboy36081.

:sign **** happens:

WOW Ted,

I didn't know you were in an accident of any kind. SO glad you can type to tell us about it and that you are bouncing back, and able to walk that 30 minutes every day.

Here is to wishing you a full recovery at whatever healing speed God has in mind for you.

Thank all of you. It was probably my fault you didn't here of it, but I haven't quite been myself since the accident in June.

My recovery is truly amazing. I started walking with a walker first day home. After the first week I was walking without assistance,

I do not remember the accident at all (drugs from surgeons) but apparently, and I'm guessing, I hit a deer or other obstacle that caused the bike to flip forward and land on top of me in the ditch. The police said I missed the 2d curve of the S curve, but if that was the case I would have just slid out and probably not much damage.

I want you guys, individually and as a group, to know just how much I love and care for all of you.

Ted

Thank all of you. It was probably my fault you didn't here of it, but I haven't quite been myself since the accident in June.

My recovery is truly amazing. I started walking with a walker first day home. After the first week I was walking without assistance,

I do not remember the accident at all (drugs from surgeons) but apparently, and I'm guessing, I hit a deer or other obstacle that caused the bike to flip forward and land on top of me in the ditch. The police said I missed the 2d curve of the S curve, but if that was the case I would have just slid out and probably not much damage.

I want you guys, individually and as a group, to know just how much I love and care for all of you.

Ted

By the way, I was one of those that thought something like this could/would never happen to me. Before you go out tell the people you love that you love them and be damn careful.

Ted,

I'm glad that your here to tell us about it and happy that your making a full recovery.

a reality check like this is good for all the members to listen to and learn from.

we all wish you a fast and painless return to ride or not ride as you see fit.

and know that the family is always here for ya.:cool10::080402gudl_prv:

Ted, WOW MAN!!! I had no idea you were in a wreck. I knew I hadn't heard from you in a while but I figured you were like me, just trying to make the ends meet. Glad to hear you are recovering well. Maybe we'll get together again one day before we both kick the bucket. Haha. Anyway, take care of yourself and best of luck in a full recovery.

Ted, WOW MAN!!! I had no idea you were in a wreck. I knew I hadn't heard from you in a while but I figured you were like me, just trying to make the ends meet. Glad to hear you are recovering well. Maybe we'll get together again one day before we both kick the bucket. Haha. Anyway, take care of yourself and best of luck in a full recovery.

You're not wrong Kirby. I had my problems, but I retired last year and had planned to spend the rest of my days on a bike. My days almost came sooner than I was planning. I'm up and kicking now so I guess I should not complain. I figure it's God's way of punishing by making me spend more time with my wife, Patricia. lol :doh:

OH MY GOODNESS TED,, I want you to know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers my friend - PRAYERS UP, BLESSINGS DOWN!!

Your situation almost duplicates what happened to me back in 03 except mine was a car accident.. After five major back surgeries, a year in a body cast, going thru both physical and drug therapy , we came out of it changed people, bottom line - life changed permanently for me and, even more important - my family..

Tippy and I can empathize with you and your families current situation and what you all have been thru.. We know first hand how difficult the whole situation is, from financial to emotional/spiritual and dealing with unfriendly insurance companies (hope your insurance company treats you great).. Our thoughts and prayers will be wrapped around ALL of you and yours!! I want you to know that, even though empathy is a small word, I mean it in a BIG way my friend! God speed as you folks work thru all of it!

One of my favorite sayings born out of that dark time, has become a mainstay in our lives, it is "things always look better in the morning" (has gotten to the point that now Tippy will even quote it to me with a smile on her face after riding 16 hours, exhausted and tired from a long day, trying to find a place to drop the tent and rest - tiny example but true)..

My friend,, it sounds like the "morning" for you folks is breaking thru brightly and you are all well on your way to a very very good "day"!!!!:thumbsup::clap2:

What ever your "day" holds, it being biking - caging - walking or whatever, please remember that you are loved here, stay with us and keep us updated - we are family,, WE CARE!!

Sincerely

Puc

Thanks again all. I have a lot to pay for and a lot to be thankful for. I chose not to get another bike when I saw just how much pain I caused my family. I always said I'd rather die riding and I would have had it not been for my ex son-in-law and my very good friend, the EMT's without whom and God I would not have made it.

I can assure you I do not take my recovery for granted and I work hard every day to get back to a little of what I used to be. My family, sister and daughter mostly, say I'm pushing too hard. I don't think so. I walk 2 miles each day about 30 minutes for me. I lost 61lbs in the hospital, but I don't recommend it to any one.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l224/teyster2/Family/18thAnniverary1_zps83b870e3.jpg 2 months after hospital my wife and I celebrated our 18th anniversary.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l224/teyster2/Family/RodsinBack_zps3fdb5d76.jpg first doctor visit after surgery. The rods extend from near the shoulder blade to the very bottom rib. One on each side, if you care to know.

Ted, like everyone else says,,, wow.

Glad you are back on your feet. Prayers for continued recovery.

And your 30 minute walk,,, nice, quiet farm roads around your house to enjoy. I know I enjoyed my test ride on your old RSV.

Still taking good care of your DREAM. She has somewhere around 65K miles and I would not hesitate to go cross country, just adding gas. Plan on riding to Longmont, CO for STAR Touring event in July (after I retire in May).

Understand not going for another bike after that. Major change. Maybe a Miata sometime?

That's what I'm thinking when I come off bikes,,,, later.

Mike and Carol G.

Wow, glad you are able to type again and tell us of your experience. God gives us many experiences, sometimes we learn, other times we fail to listen or decide we know better. In the end we'll all end up facing eternity. We need to decide here, where we'll be there. I'm glad you heard and listened, now the fun will be to follow the lead.