FozzyUSN

For what they do....get just the uppers for the 73 bucks. I have those on my 1st gen....open em up and cool things down great. Close em when its chilly and they take the wind away from the knees.

I dont have any experience with the lower ones but would swear by the uppers.

For what they do....get just the uppers for the 73 bucks. I have those on my 1st gen....open em up and cool things down great. Close em when its chilly and they take the wind away from the knees.

Diddo

had wind wings on my 89vr,when igot it,the wings,were one of the things that caused high speed wabble,on a first gen,just take the lowers off,warmer in cold weather,and cooler in hot weather,also shows that good looking 1 gen engine,the chin deflector,dosen't seam to make much differants:detective:

I like the lower ones (on the crash guards) in cold weather. I have a set of both uppers but I'm not thrilled with drilling into 20 yr old thin plastic to hold them on. So I havent put those on yet. My buddy as a GW and his mount on these metal arms instead of the plastic I was looking into making somethin like that up instead.

I have those on my 90. I would not be without them. I have ordered from these people and had excellent results. Good to deal with. I put them on the 86 I had for awhile and that had airwings on before which had cracked the plastic. I just fastened a piece of aluminum on the inside for strength and away we went. It is fairly easy to access the inside of the fairing.

What they do is deflect the air away in cold weather but more importantly they direct air over the seat in hot weather.

Fozzy, I put the Yamaha deflectors on my 06. They were great and looked a lot better, IMO, than the Bakerbuilt. They fit the curve of the lowers and when closed, take almost all the wind off your feet. You can open them and pull in as much air as you want. When I went to WV last year(my last ride) I had them open most of the way on the interstate and they helped considerably to cool the lower part of the bike, my feet and legs. When I got to Beckley I closed them because it got cold and there was a marked difference. They also help keep you dry in the rain. If I get another Venture they will be one of the first accessories I add.

$229 is a lot of coin for a chrome bracket and some bent plastic.....

but if they work, they might be worth it.

Each to his own, but if mine were stolen I'd lay the coin down for another set without hesitation. I've traveled many miles without them and I've traveled many miles with them, they've make many a rough weather day a whole lot more enjoyable, weather it was a little to hot or to wet.

Has anyone ever purchased air deflectors for their rides from this dealer? I've been looking at them for my 88 VR and was wondering if the prices are resonable. Check the link out and see what you think.

:confused07: http://www.bakerbuilt.com/yamaha.htm :confused07:

The Baker Bilt company is only about 15 miles from me. They are out in the middle of nowhere, started by a farmer who rode a Gold Wing. He wanted some air deflectors, and just decided to make his own. Other riders saw them, wanted him to make some for them......and before long he had a business. Started it in a farm shed. It's now in a much larger building, but still located on the same farm. Really great Christian people. You can't go wrong buying from them.

You know I had a set and they worked good ...but I just couldn't get past the look of the darn thangs ......so what I did was went with the lowers from Yamaha that go on the crash bars and at the time Diamond R had a set that went on the motor bars? ...that block the wind on my knees ...I have to say I'm much happier with what I have now ....also I do have a used set of baker wind deflectors now ............:rotf:if anyone is interested!

Fozzy, I put the Yamaha deflectors on my 06. They were great and looked a lot better, IMO, than the Bakerbuilt. They fit the curve of the lowers and when closed, take almost all the wind off your feet. You can open them and pull in as much air as you want. When I went to WV last year(my last ride) I had them open most of the way on the interstate and they helped considerably to cool the lower part of the bike, my feet and legs. When I got to Beckley I closed them because it got cold and there was a marked difference. They also help keep you dry in the rain. If I get another Venture they will be one of the first accessories I add.

Rich,

Did U get them from Perry's or did you mail order them? $$ ??

I bought mine through the local dealer who, at the time, gave me a 15% discount. Had to wait awhile but it was worth it. You might try Rickh on the Venturers.org webpage. He can get almost anything you need and his price might be better than the dealer, unless you get a discount. Unfortunately the dealer stopped giving discounts. Further unfortunately, I don't have my 06, or any bike for that matter now.

I had a set of the VentureLine wings on mine until one broke, so I took them both off. I have only seen them once on Ebay since then (I was outbid). I would love to put them on. Anyone got one that is not broken that is willing to part with it?

Curious, do these wings have the same bolt pattern as the VentureLine wings did? I shore don't wanna put more holes in the plastic.

These things sure help keep the fairing and lower plastics held together well. Without them, the lower plastics are a little wobbly.

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke to Rick Butler and he said that they have the same bolt pattern as the VentureLine. Good news for me because on one side the plastic is broken so I took them off and I still have the mounting holes there. I noticed it held the lowers and the uppers together nice and tight.

• 11 months later...
You know I had a set and they worked good ...but I just couldn't get past the look of the darn thangs ......so what I did was went with the lowers from Yamaha that go on the crash bars and at the time Diamond R had a set that went on the motor bars? ...that block the wind on my knees ...I have to say I'm much happier with what I have now ....also I do have a used set of baker wind deflectors now ............:rotf:if anyone is interested!

I would like to see a picture of the back side of the wings I would like to see how they mount. Would you have a picture or two you could post?

Thanks much

Steve