IGNORED

Ride on

Big Auggie

I have used it for years. I add it with each tire change. I do not balance tires as this stuff takes care of that.

The first time I used it was years ago. I got a flat tire caused by a picked up a nail in a rear tire. Had heard of Ride-On but never tried it. So I got a bottle. Added the Ride-On, aired up tire. Rode for 5 miles. Came back pulled nail and rode for a few more miles. I ended up wearing that tire out with no leak issues. The stuff works great as near as I can tell. I do not think it would help any for a sidewall puncture as it stays in the center of tire... but I would never ride on a punctured sidewall anyway.

I have used it for years. I add it with each tire change. I do not balance tires as this stuff takes care of that.

The first time I used it was years ago. I got a flat tire caused by a picked up a nail in a rear tire. Had heard of Ride-On but never tried it. So I got a bottle. Added the Ride-On, aired up tire. Rode for 5 miles. Came back pulled nail and rode for a few more miles. I ended up wearing that tire out with no leak issues. The stuff works great as near as I can tell. I do not think it would help any for a sidewall puncture as it stays in the center of tire... but I would never ride on a punctured sidewall anyway.

+1!

I've used it for years through many tire changes and never had a issue with it. That goes for flats and being able to clean up the rim for the next tire. As far as mileage I did not see any change but others might watch this closer than me. I tend to change tires before they get down very far. :D

I have ride on in my tires and it really works ! To day I went to the garage - service call anyway when I was done i was about to leave for home I noticed something in my rear tire and found not one but two nails in the tread chk psi and I dint loose any air pulled out the nails and ride on sealed off the holes perfectly since I'm not going on any long rides again this year just around town and I have air compressor just in case. I'll fix or change tire next yr

Ride on is not like fix a flat or green slime it sticks to the tire and stays there big plus is it even balances the tire when you remove tire it doesn't make a mess and it's easy to clean out just use a rag and wipe out if need be

Wildhair39 sold me on it years ago when he used it and he put a lot of miles on his bikes !

Forgot to add I ran over something while riding around Eureka Springs I told the guys I hit something and it dint sound good even had JerryT ride up and look at my tire as for low tire chk OK by the time we made it back to the INN I forgot about it maybe that's where the nails came from note I chk air in tires for trip home still had good psi but dint chk tread area my bad

Buddy

Edited by buddy

I have not use d the ride on. But I do use the beads and had good performance. But I did pick up something in my almost new rear tire. I caught it before a crash but its junk. So I only wonder if I would have not know about the puncture what kind of trouble might I have been in say 1000 mile from now when the tear in the tire gave out.

here is some pics of the problem I was talking of. After removing the plug I patched the tire and remounted and inflated. then you can see how long the cut is. 3/4" or longer and 1/8" wide. Which if it never went down I think the cut would have spread and ripped and degraded and could have been big trouble.

Cut-tire-1400mi-b-web.jpg

Cut-tire-1400mi-web.jpg

Anyone had experience with using the product Ride On, a tire sealant/wheel balancer.

These are my second set of tires (E3)with Ride On in them and will continue using the product as it works well. Apart from the balancing and puncture protection, there is also a dampening effect as it absorbs a lot of high frequency vibrations from the road from the imperfections and crack lines in the pavement and concrete... Kind of hard to explain but if you ride with your tires at proper inflation pressure (for me, 39 front and 41 rear works best and I get 35,000 kms+ out of them) you can sometimes feel every little crack and crevice in the road through your grips. Great handling but the little vibes are noticeable.

What I noticed right away after using the Ride On product is that my tires felt like they were soft and under pressure as those little vibes were absorbed, almost like riding under pressure but with the great handling of properly inflated tires.. (dunno if that makes any sense in explanation?) Better handling but without the sharp little jolts of road defects.. Nice.

The product sticks to the inside of the tire tread region like goo.. mechanics won't grimace at you when they change the tires for you and it makes doing home tire changes a breeze since you don't have to worry about using balancing weights.