IGNORED

Bike Box

Eck

That's nice. Now if my HOA wouldn't mind me keeping that outside!

That is a neat trailer. Just a couple things I would have to change though.

Being that I am not as tall as he is, I don't think my legs would be touching the ground when I drove it up onto the front wheel lock. I would have to have someone help me balance the bike until I got comfortable with a way of doing it on my own.

The other is getting the bike out of the front wheel chock.. He really yanked backwards on the bike to pull it backwards out of the wheel chock. Not sure I would be able to do this as well as he did, with not having the ability to have my feet firmly planted as his was. I would have to again have someone help me until I came up with another safer way for me to remove it.

However, the trailer is a really neat design, and I would look into on like it if I needed one.

On the garage he needs a garage door opener, and some padding for his head when he comes out....

On the trailer it's a fine job of over-engineering on a rarely used item, but 3.5 minutes to load a bike?? What happened to a multi-use 5x10 utility trailer with a chock mount and a rear ramp? Ride on and ride off. 30 secs on, and 30 secs off.... and no calisthenics. Whew!! Use it in between rides to make a dump run... :mytruck:

Ever see some of the youtube videos of guys trying to ride their bikes on/off a trailer? Scares the poop out of me!:starz:

Yeah, and I've seen those videos. Stupidest things I've ever watched, but they do have an entertainment factor. They never scared me a bit... a lot of them are very funny... Heck if we got frightened after watching every idiot post on U-Tube nobody would ever ride.... I stand by the 6x10, chock, and rear ramp gate method all day long. Nothing scary about it.