IGNORED

Got My Zumo 550 Yesterday...

bongobobny

I've had mine one year and love it. Before you head out on a long trip, check the proceedure for rebooting it if it happens to lock up. And take the manual with you. You have to simultaneously push two buttons. Mine did it once. I had to dig out the manual to fix it.

Congrats - I'm still looking at getting one soon. Just went on Amazon and saw someone there selling them for $500.00 - but I'm not sure I would want to do that - thinking it might be a demo or used, or something. Then theres the XM antenna, etcetc. Looking forward to getting one though, enjoy yours.

found that out jest checking local area tells me there are gas stations and restraunts that no longer exist. also dosn't know were the local walmart is located when I get there shows me in middle of open space.:confused24: then tells you drive to highlighted route but can't see it on screen. or wereit is

It would take up WAYYYY to much memory to include each and every restaurant, gas station, shopping center, etc. You can purchase bundles of POI's including food, gas, shopping or specific POI's i.e. starbucks, Ruby Tuesday, etc. Of course there is a "nominal fee" for this updated, more accurate, specific info. My wife and love Starbucks but I'm not gonna pay $35.00 for the file that gives me every Starbucks in the U.S. Depends on how easy you want to find things. I did purchase the Red Light Camera POI list. Once downloaded it gives me a warning that I am approaching a intersection with Red Light Cameras. (Not that I run red lights) It was like 5 bucks. Everytime there is an update they are automatically emailed to me. I just download to the Zumo. I do like the fact that you can enter how many miles you get to a tank of gas. It then warns you when you are getting low and gives you the option to route you to the nearest gas station. The bluetooth aspect is also good. I love my Zumo (my wife calls it JerJer) and won't leave home without it. The prices are coming way down since a year ago but it's worth every penny! Jerry

:thumbsup:

Jeff,

I stand corrected.... I looked back through my online orders and I ordered the RED Light POI last June and I did pay $25.00. Sorry, didn't mean to be misleading. I did, however, get the WALMART POI's (you might be a redneck if...) for $5.00, Cracker Barrel POI's for $1.00, Five Guys Burgers POI's for $1.00, the one I said I wouldn't pay $35.00 for..... Starbucks POI's... I did get that one for $30.00, and National Parks POI's for $10.00. The bundles are a good deal if you add up individual prices but they include a LOT of POI's that I don't want taking up extra space. Just a few days ago I also purchased some Mad Map tour downloads for the South East. We may try them out next weekend, weather permitting. Anywho, sorry about the wrong price....Jerry

Been really thinking hard on getting the 550. Does it come with the bracket that installs on the handle bars? Anyone who has installed one themselves, can you give some details. Which side does everyone put it on? right side I'm guessing because the CB/audio is on the left. If someone could post a pic that would be great. Have not ran across a venture that has had one yet. Couple wings but not a venture. Where can one find the best pricing?

Thanks

Yes it comes with a handlebar mount kit that either bolts onto the handlebar, or bolts onto the master cylander. Comes with both SAE and Metric bolts to do so as well!!

You actually get two mount kits, one for handlebars, and another with a suction cup for the car as well. I don't think the 450 has the mounts...

Guest Banny

I have been enjoying my Zumo 550 for more than a year now, use it all the time. If it's not in my truck then it's mounted on my bike. I installed (hard wired) it on my previous ride "2001 Kawasaki Nomad" and have since re-installed it on my newest ride, 2007 RSV. The Garmin Zumo 550 is absolutely worth every penny! The Garmin company really stands behind their product! It's important to make sure your unit is "up to date" with free upgrades! Any time you have a question, their tech support people can be easily reached via toll free #. I mostly enjoy long distance rides and having the Zumo 550 installed on my bike makes it that much more fun to do! So, go out & get lost on the roads without ever actually getting lost .................... You can see pictures of my bike with the Zumo 550 in my picture gallery. I would highly recommend the Zumo 550 to everyone!

Been really thinking hard on getting the 550. Does it come with the bracket that installs on the handle bars? Anyone who has installed one themselves, can you give some details. Which side does everyone put it on? right side I'm guessing because the CB/audio is on the left. If someone could post a pic that would be great. Have not ran across a venture that has had one yet. Couple wings but not a venture. Where can one find the best pricing?

Thanks

Here is a link to a photo of my bike with my Zumo mounted. The zumo is on the left and the XM adapter is on the right. Sorry is doesn't show more detail of the mount.

http://www.traynorphoto.com/07venture/pages/vent4.htm

DT

Thanks

I have one on my Goldwing. I installed it myself. It was easy. Mine came with a RAM mount. It bolts to the brake or clutch reservoiur bolts.

I have my Zumo on the left now. keeps my right hand available for

the fuel and the front brake. also the unit was made for that reason.

Jerry... no problem. thought if I could get it for $5 I would. :)

I think It would be kind of neat to know when you were coming

to one of them things.. I do not run red lights ever. but it would

be fun to have Zumo tell me.

Jeff