IGNORED

Our continuing journey!

sarges46

Someone from the rally asked us to make a little log of our journey as we take the really long way home. Today with Marilyn's superb navigation skills we rode 380 miles. We went south then west then north then west! What! Ah, she was dodging rain and storms!

After all that we are in Brinkly Arizona. Booked in to the motel 6. It started raining as we were booking in!

Beautiful roads today a little slab but not bad!

Going eat right away.

Best news (except for Grandma Marilyn) new grand baby arrived 20 days early. Couldn't wait for us to get home the little rascal! 8 lbs 4 oz not bad for early riser!

Poor Marilyn wants to go home now!

We hope everyone is well and safe on their journey home.:bighug:

Wandered around again! 340 miles through a big curvy roadbed national park. We rode highway270 for most of the day. Splashes of rain but mostly we went around the storms.

Currently camped in McAlester OK. Valley Inn motel and campground.

Me thinks the twisties are done for awhile though!

Oh ya... campground = trains! Arghh:bighug:

Hey Rick,, where ever you are,, KEEP THE BLOG GOING WILL YA!! Sounds like you guys are having a riot!! Ride hard, ride safe!!

Glad your wire wrapping job worked out for you! Hope all is well in that regard!

PS, the forum rules are: :photographing:

Give Marilyn a :bighug:from Tip and I and you two have our deepest CONGRATS on the new grand child - A WHOPPER there brother!! Got news for ya,,, if we were in your shoes Tippy would be on a plane and I would be riding alone making a beeline for da grand kid!! Yes,, there are somethings even more majestic than the Grand Canyon:stirthepot:

In the booming metropolis of get this, Canadian, Texas. I mean booming....lots of oil makes for expensive hotel room! We were camping but for one minor detail, no bathroom!

Hot hot but it's a drier heat than out east!

Trip plans are changing Marilyn is likely heading home while I head for the family reunion.

In the booming metropolis of get this, Canadian, Texas. I mean booming....lots of oil makes for expensive hotel room! We were camping but for one minor detail, no bathroom!

Hot hot but it's a drier heat than out east!

Trip plans are changing Marilyn is likely heading home while I head for the family reunion.

Thanks for the update brother!!

Yep,, Marilyn and Tip are sisters.. I asked Tip what she would do under your circumstances,,, she says,, "thats why they invented airplanes in the first place aint it?".. Know what cha oughta do Sarge,, ya oughta stop and pick the kid up a minibike and strap it to Marilyns seat on the way home.. Everywhere ya stop for gas than you would get to brag about being a Grand Dad.. :rotf::rotf:Course the kid probably wont be able to ride it for a few days, still a good warning to the babys parents what to expect in the future!!:cool10::cool10::cool10:

By the way,, bike covers make GREAT bathrooms in a crisis!!

Puc

Well change again sort of. Marilyn is riding with me to my family reunion. She will help set up and then leave on Saturday. It's a two day ride home and she works Monday (next). Yahoo! We have been told in no uncertain terms NOT to cut our trip short!

Well we saw some oil! Managed 330 today despite not getting going until 1030! We were going to ride 64 to Taos NM but the change in temp and looming rain caused us to stop in Eagles Nest NM. Temp dropping to 45 tonight brrrrr after heat of the low lands.

Rain tomorrow but going to ride to four corners and beyond. I hope we drive out of it.

Marilyn nearly disappeared in a pot hole earlier rode it out but bust a lens cover off of her saddlebag light. She managed to yell a warning so I missed it, just trailer didn't but it's fine.

Kind of a brutal day! Over 3 hours to do 110 miles over the mountains. Got as high as 10850 feet, nearly froze tushka off! Dodging storms, getting caught in storms bad lightning steep curvy wet roads made for a stressful day!

Crossed the Rio Grande and rested a bit, nice views! Did four corners (5 bucks each.really!)

More storm dodging and rolled into Blanding Utah just ahead of a really bad storm that shut power off to hotel shortly after we checked in. Internet just back on this morning.

Expect more weather today but not as bad. Going to try for Idaho Falls a day ahead of schedule.

Kind of a brutal day! Over 3 hours to do 110 miles over the mountains. Got as high as 10850 feet, nearly froze tushka off! Dodging storms, getting caught in storms bad lightning steep curvy wet roads made for a stressful day!

Crossed the Rio Grande and rested a bit, nice views! Did four corners (5 bucks each.really!)

More storm dodging and rolled into Blanding Utah just ahead of a really bad storm that shut power off to hotel shortly after we checked in. Internet just back on this morning.

Expect more weather today but not as bad. Going to try for Idaho Falls a day ahead of schedule.

Yah sure you didn't get caught in a time warp and end up back in ND two years ago....

Maybe you should change your handle to Storm Catcher.....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Lol I think that's taken isn't it!

Well we did 410 or so miles today. Spectacular views of canyons vistas mesas funnel clouds and really neat thunder heads!

Did he say funnel clouds!? Yep wicked storm chased us cross country for over thirty miles before it gave up! That storm had tornado come down for a bit then go up but it was still black as all get out! The second one was up on back side of a mountain and we were driving through the valley. Got wet but it really wasn't bad.

We drove 191 to Duchene then 40 to I80 , got on I 80 to I 15 through Salt Lake City. Currently in Ogden UT. Big storm ahead of us so we gave up trying for Idaho Falls.

We will be at our friends place early tomorrow.

Life is good!

Indeed,, that mountain riding weather can be tenacious, be careful out there brother!!

Just took a peek at wundermap weather and noticed Idaho Falls appears to be in for some pretty nasty weather too,, arrgggg.. You guys keep a close eye on the sky brother!! Ride safe and get safely back to that new Grandchild!!

Puc

Been here in Rugby (just north of Idaho Falls) for 4hours now. No issues this time as we beat everything. Big storm blew over here got a couple of pics Marilyn will put on Facebook later. That's the only camera we have.

Supper is ate, its nice to kick back real early and not worry for a bit.

What a day! Spit of rain when we left this morning and that was it. Cool enough for liners for the first tank then really got serious about warming up! Montana was 93 in the areas we drove in, real nice.

We get to camp! Set up behind the Best Western in Shelby Mt.

What a great ride through the mountains. 454 miles today. Be at the reunion tomorrow in the afternoon.