IGNORED

Day early - I was at Guntersville State Park

Eck

I know I was a day early but I got up at 4:30am and took off for Guntersville, Al. I got to the state park and didn't see anyone in sight and not one motorcycle was in the parking lot at 6:30am... I got a cup of coffee and waited outside by the check in counter but again, not one bike was there except mine.

Then I got back on my bike and rode to the camp ground area. Could not get in - no one at the gate. I was told they don't open till 8am, I was there at 7am...the little store was open next to the gate. I just wanted to ride around the camp ground and look for any Ventures...but I could not get in, so I got back on my bike and went to McDonalds and had breakfast...never saw a bike in town go by, so I decided the heck with it and just came back home.

Just thought I might be able to see someone from the VR group, but only saw one bike and that guy didn't wave at all. Appeared to be in a world of his own...

Yep,, I'm starting to worry about you Eck,,, Hey, I just had a birthday, does that mean I get to do the same things????

Rally doesn't start until tomorrow. :innocent::whistling::think:

Sorry Marcarl, but I didn't just have a senior moment here bud.

See, I knew the rally didn't start until tomorrow .. and as with most any rally there are always a few people who show up a day or two before hand. I had a little time this morning (since my son and his wife are off with a couple friends for the day), where I could jump on the bike and take a chance to see if I could find a VR member in Guntersville.

I didn't just run down there thinking the rally was today. I may be getting a little older but not all my actions are results of senior moments. :rasberry:

Ahhhh BUT,,, I did notice that Eck didnt include any pics of his journey and the forum rules are,, no pics - it didnt happen.. Being a Moderator, I am sure Eck knows the rules.. Therefore,, either Eck didnt go OR there actually was another senior moment happening here... I gotta hunch Carl is right and the latter is true!!:backinmyday:

Yes got one right next door

That a pretty good size place Woody? Does it look like late comers would find an open camping spot? Any other bikes coming in yet?

By reading the sign up sheet it looks like only a few folks are tenting, hope they dont shun ya for being the tent camping type:rotf::rotf:

Heyyy,, can ya post pics? I LOVE pics,, and stories,, lots of stories!!

Well, I have these pictures in my mind....do they count?

Lets see, a little store on right, gravel parking lot on left side of store, across from store is the guard shack (that wasn't open) the gate "arm" is about 40 feet from the guard shack, there is a small medium strip between going in and out of the camp site, Oh and there are two deer standing on the side of the road just past the loading dock on the right, several small boats with people fishing, and hot coffee at McDonalds...

Whew... had to pic my brain to remember all that now..

If I get a chance again, I will head back to see if I can find anyone. Wont be today though..

While at Ruby falls, I hope you went to look out mountain (rock city) while there.

From the "Rock City" it is said that seven U.S. states can be seen: Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Alabama.

In reality, on very clear days, some mountains in the Knoxville area of Tennessee can be seen at a distance of about 100 miles, but the curvature of the earth's surface lowers anything in Kentucky, South Carolina, or Virginia to below the horizon.

http://www.lookoutmountain.com/

For those that would like to make a run to see it:

Lookout Mountain is located at

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/55/WMA_button2b.png/17px-WMA_button2b.png WikiMiniAtlas

34°59′47″N 85°21′3″W / 34.99639°N 85.35083°W / 34.99639; -85.35083

I know I was a day early but I got up at 4:30am and took off for Guntersville, Al. I got to the state park and didn't see anyone in sight and not one motorcycle was in the parking lot at 6:30am... I got a cup of coffee and waited outside by the check in counter but again, not one bike was there except mine.

Then I got back on my bike and rode to the camp ground area. Could not get in - no one at the gate. I was told they don't open till 8am, I was there at 7am...the little store was open next to the gate. I just wanted to ride around the camp ground and look for any Ventures...but I could not get in, so I got back on my bike and went to McDonalds and had breakfast...never saw a bike in town go by, so I decided the heck with it and just came back home.

Just thought I might be able to see someone from the VR group, but only saw one bike and that guy didn't wave at all. Appeared to be in a world of his own...

Hey ECK,dont feel bad,I did the same thing yesterday(Saturday).Left my house at 3am.I got to the state park around 9 am.I parked at the store and walked around the campground and saw only one bike there a HD at the first camper behind the store.I rode up to the cabins and no bikes.The lady at the lodge said the rally starts Monday according to her calendar.i went over to the boat show and saw some cool boats .I bet the shrimpfest brought lots of folks to the Park.I waited a couple hours the headed to Huntsville.Man how that place has changed since I was there 20 years ago.I even got lost on redstone Arsenal.Going back home I did see a Black Cherry venture pulling a trailer headed west on 72 near Scottsboro around 1pm.Round trip yesterday 768 miles.