IGNORED

First trip on new bike

murph35640

Getting ready to go to Panama City this sunday, this will be my longest ride so far. Went to Montgomery last monday, lot of fun! Took my bike in for the 600 mile service yesterday and noticed a noise coming from the rear, sounds like the tire rubbing on something. The dealers mechanic thinks it may be a brake caliper but Im not sure. The sound doesnt change when you apply the brake. Hope its not serious, I am supposed to pick it up saturday am. Also got my gps mounted yesterday, the folks at adventure gps in Decatur were great to deal with and had all parts in stock. Anyone know of a good ride around Panama City? My wife and I are taking 7 18 year old girls down for spring break so I know I will need to ride some to get rid of some stress!!!! They are all riding with the wife in her suv.

My wife and I are taking 7 18 year old girls down for spring break so I know I will need to ride some to get rid of some stress!!!! They are all riding with the wife in her suv.

Seven eighteen year old girls to Panama City for spring break. That's just too hard to come back with a good answer.

Congrats on your new bike and we need pictures....of the bike.

RandyA

Guest Popeye
.....My wife and I are taking 7 18 year old girls down for spring break so I know I will need to ride some to get rid of some stress!!!!.....

YA THINK ?

You are actually following your wife, with seven eighteen year old girls, for spring break?

Follow her for about 25 miles....when she's not looking, make a U-turn & don't look back !!

When you all get home, just ask her why she ditched you & tell her how you spent all that time looking for them.

Big GPS malfunction? Something, but, Save Yourself!!

:080402gudl_prv:

Yeah I know,

Ive already been advised that Im only going as a silent observer and cant get involved unless they ask me to. Oh well, at least I will get to go for a ride everyday so its still better than being at work. Since my kids got to be teenagers they only seem to want us around when the gas tank is empty or they need money or vehicle repairs! I guess this will probably be the last trip that the girls will go with us for a few years so I will try to get through it.

OK, seriously, I have not been there but have been told St George's Island State Park is a nice place.. Just take 98 South East to Eastpoint and cross the 4 mile bridge.

It is 68 miles from Panama City to Eastpoint.

Yeah I know,

Ive already been advised that Im only going as a silent observer and cant get involved unless they ask me to. Oh well, at least I will get to go for a ride everyday so its still better than being at work. Since my kids got to be teenagers they only seem to want us around when the gas tank is empty or they need money or vehicle repairs! I guess this will probably be the last trip that the girls will go with us for a few years so I will try to get through it.

You know, I do not think I have every heard the words "silent" and "17 girls" used in the same paragraph before.

OK,

Dealer just called and said they have my ride finished, something about the drive hub not having enough grease on it or something. Said that it happens pretty often on new bikes but should be ok now.

What kind of symptoms did it give you to even take it in???

I was on my way to get the first service on it and I noticed that at low speeds it sounded like the rear tire was rubbing on something, only noticed it under about 25 mph, not a steady noise but almost like the wheel was warped or something.

Guest Highway
Hay Murph

You should ride down to PC Beach for the Thunder Beach Rally May 1-4.

A couple of us are riding down on Wend ( day before rally starts ).

( Anyone planing on going down ???????? To Thunder Beach ??? )

Hey Steve were riding down on thursday, (2 bikes) stopping in Atl. to pick up 2 more riders, Staying on Thomas ave. till Sunday. See if we can hook up sometime there..

................................................. Just take 98 South East to Eastpoint and cross the 4 mile bridge.

Only in the South can you take a south hwy East!

How about I94,,,!!!! it is a freeway. Head East out of Battle Creek MI, by Stevensville you are going almost straight South on it to Gary IN,, then it curves around the bottom of Lake Michigan and goes North through Chicago to Milwalkee WI, before it starts going East again.