IGNORED

Slowww Vendor

seabeetom

:soapbox: Can't say that I'm much impressed with the shipping procedures of Yamaha Sports Plaza in WA.

Ordered Side trunk rails and footpegs on 25 Feb., They emailed confirmation the next day citing a delivery date of 5-10 March.

Evening of 10 March I called them to ask about shipment. WELL, as it turns out, they had to order the pegs from another dealer and had not yet received them so therefore had not shipped anything. They did promise to ship the rails ASAP then ship the pegs when they come in.

The original charge for shipping was $18.00. It will be interesting to see if I get billed more for what now will be 2 shipments.

I suggested to the guy on the phone that they re-evaluate their shipment notification procedures, and let him know that I was not happy with the whole transaction :no-no-no:. In the interest of customer satisfaction and dealer reputation, I would think that most dealers in a case like this would expedite the shipment of the items (overnight/1-2day) and not charge the added shipping costs. We shall see. It is now afternoon of the 12th and I haven't received squat :mad:.

At the same time I placed that order I made orders with CalifSportTouring, Custom Dynamics and Cruiser Customizing. All those orders were at my door within 4 days :happy65:.

So much for my venting,,, How was your day? :smile11:

Hey seabeetom,

I too have ordered numerous items from this vendor and never a problem with shipping.

By the way, what are "side trunk rails?"

Donald

U know, them shiny things that wrap around them 2 boxes on the sides of the scoot. Fergot the proper nomenclature and I can't seem to locate my Funk & Wagnalls'.:confused24:

Still waiting on them to arrive. The other half of my order came in Friday (14th). Guess I wouldn't be as upset at the whole issue if they hadn't hit the VISA for the total amount the day I placed the order and not when they actually processed and shipped it.

Oh Well, I'll survive.

Wow - sorry to hear you have had difficulty with them. I have ordered a bunch of stuff from them via the Internet, and never had a problem (including the side rails). The only thing that was an issue once (and they told me in advance) was Carb covers. Were out of stock in the entire US (and I checked) last year around July - Aug. Had to wait 8 weeks for them to come in.

Wish you luck.

Stu

Sorry to hear you have not received your saddlebag rails yet. You will like the way they look once you get them installed.

When I installed mine the bolt that goes thru the brace in front of the saddlebag was not long enough. After looking locally for longer bolts and not finding any, I contacted Yamaha Sports Plaza and explained my situation. They said I was not the first to have this problem then shipped longer bolts to me the same day (at no cost). After several orders I am happy with my dealing with them.

Maybe the rails will arrive soon.

Heh Heh.......We've gotten pretty spoiled ain't we. Remember back in the 50s and 60s when we had to fill out an order for Sears or Wards and mail it off to Chicago? Had to watch that dang mailbox for 4 to 6 weeks to get the order, provided it wasn't back ordered for a couple of more weeks. Seemed like by the time the mailman brought it, we dang near forgot what we ordered. Now days I order something on the net and expect it in 3 to 5 days. Some things about the "good old days" I'd just as soon not deal with now...........

If any of the stuff you ordered is Yamaha OEM parts and they are on back order good luck. Yamaha doesn't seem to get in any hurry for back ordered items. I've experienced this first hand. From the other comments it looks like your dealer is doing all they can.

I sent a request for a price quote and a stock check to them twice and did not get a reply. I don't want to pay for Yamaha items not in stock then find out a week later that they are backordered. I get 20% off at the local dealer and no freight. Seems to work for me.

JB

I sent a request for a price quote and a stock check to them twice and did not get a reply. I don't want to pay for Yamaha items not in stock then find out a week later that they are backordered. I get 20% off at the local dealer and no freight. Seems to work for me.

JB

My sentiments exactly. If they can't supply it, don't take the money..

My order finally completed when the saddlebag side rails came in yesterday. Shipped thru DHL???

3 weeks from order to receipt. But from the sounds of the crowd, this was not typical of this company.