IGNORED

Best way to lift a 2013 RSV

psycorob

Getting flustered this morning. :mad: Got a few things I'm wanting to do to the bike this this weekend and I'm having a heck of a time getting the bike up on the jack. I'm using a Craftsman pro mc jack but I'm not seeing anywhere on the bottom of the bike where I can get a solid contact between the bike and both arms on the jack. On my RSTD I was able to lift it with both arms braced against the frame of the bike but I'm not seeing that as an option on the RSV.

Can someone chime in and give me some pointers before I end up dropping this beast?

Carbon one here on the forum, see member vendors, makes a very nice adapter for the Venture.

I am not sure why the Tour DeLuxe would be different from the Venture, the frames are the same, the balance will be a bit different because of the trunk andthe fairing.

What I did before I got my Carbon one adapter was to make some 1.5" thick wooden blocks that I put betwen the jack and the frame to get the contact points I wanted, the one on the left front had to be notched out to fit around the kickstand switch, lots of folks are using hockey pucks, but those are not very common here in the deep south.

hope this helps.

I built one for the RSV. But for mu Vulcan I did much as Steve has said. I used some 2x4 cut down to make contact with frame. It will probably get you buy, but you need to look for a little more stable solution if your going to do tire changes etc.