IGNORED

oh man,,,,, lost again, BUT, WE ALL KNOW

cowpuc

Being no strangers to the roads, I am sure you can all relate to one of my favorite sayins,,, the dont really begin till your good and lost on a motorcycle.

I do a lot of experimenting with that theory... matter of fact, when I was at squidley and lonnas house tweekin on tweeks, squidley and were looking at his road atlas,,,, he looked right at me and said, yougot one of these right? I said yes, but I didnt tell him that I never carry it cause I love stopping and talking to people and getting twisted up has produced some of the greatest memories I have... besides, knowing squidley like I do, he would have forced me to take it,, my brotheris just thatway......

back to the story.. here we are, cruisin westerly cross the great state of nervada,, and I see 3 fighter jets playing tag in the mountains.. I did what any of you would have done,, I tried tofollow em.. sneaky buggers them fighter jet dudes..

anyway, one thing led to another and we come upon this little building about area 51,,, yee=eee haaaaaaa... went flying down the road and came to a sign that says , no gas 150 miles, looked down,, tweeks settin on 3 bars.. turned around , went back the way we came come to a sign, no gas 100 miles,, ah ohh,, would have been funny but it had to havebeen 104 inthe shade and da taint no shadein da desert. Anyway, turned around again, talked to local,, God bless them locals.. found gas and asked about this road we had found called, extra terrestrial highway... bought an xftra 2 gallon jug to strap onto tweeks to go with the half gallon I already carry..

guy at station laughed at all the stuff hangin on tweeks back,, I said,, it probablywont be so funny if your guy that I stop and give water or gas to when your stranded,, shook his head anddrove off..

made it across the top of nellis air base on the that alien highway.. we tried to get ahold of Coffey oncei realised where we were but no phoneor net sooooooo..

in a place called tonopah now..

Get out n ride ya bunch a lop eared varmints,, it summer ya know!

puc

20140610_154919.jpg

Being no strangers to the roads, I am sure you can all relate to one of my favorite sayins,,, the dont really begin till your good and lost on a motorcycle.

I do a lot of experimenting with that theory... matter of fact, when I was at squidley and lonnas house tweekin on tweeks, squidley and were looking at his road atlas,,,, he looked right at me and said, yougot one of these right? I said yes, but I didnt tell him that I never carry it cause I love stopping and talking to people and getting twisted up has produced some of the greatest memories I have... besides, knowing squidley like I do, he would have forced me to take it,, my brotheris just thatway......

back to the story.. here we are, cruisin westerly cross the great state of nervada,, and I see 3 fighter jets playing tag in the mountains.. I did what any of you would have done,, I tried tofollow em.. sneaky buggers them fighter jet dudes..

anyway, one thing led to another and we come upon this little building about area 51,,, yee=eee haaaaaaa... went flying down the road and came to a sign that says , no gas 150 miles, looked down,, tweeks settin on 3 bars.. turned around , went back the way we came come to a sign, no gas 100 miles,, ah ohh,, would have been funny but it had to havebeen 104 inthe shade and da taint no shadein da desert. Anyway, turned around again, talked to local,, God bless them locals.. found gas and asked about this road we had found called, extra terrestrial highway... bought an xftra 2 gallon jug to strap onto tweeks to go with the half gallon I already carry..

guy at station laughed at all the stuff hangin on tweeks back,, I said,, it probablywont be so funny if your guy that I stop and give water or gas to when your stranded,, shook his head anddrove off..

made it across the top of nellis air base on the that alien highway.. we tried to get ahold of Coffey oncei realised where we were but no phoneor net sooooooo..

puc

Reminds me of my "100 miles to Tucumcary on a may-pop metzler" story. That story happened the day after I found the skelton near Taos, NM. After drinking my last water bottle, low on gas with thread showing all the way around my rear tire. I envisioned some biker finding my bleached bones out in the desert. Didn't happen because of the generosity of strangers you find on the road.:thumbsup2:

Travel safe my friends........Just one more thing... Think Trailer:rasberry:

puc

These are the experiences that is motorcycling!! I had an almost identical experience in 2006 in Nevada on most likely the same piece of road you were on.

I couldn't count the times I would take off on that Bridgestone 125 with less than 10 bucks in my pocket!! Wish I had kept that little thing!! I was convinced it was a motorcycle!!Doing not normal is what makes it interesting!! Keep us posted Puc. If you quit posting we will send out a search party!!!:whistling:

Dang I wish ya'll could have reached me. I live on Nellis Air Force Base. The ride out to tonopah is a fun one. I like how cool it get when you get in the mountains.

I should have checked the site last night. I would have made a quick run to tonopah to visit for a few.

Oh well, I'll see ya'll in 7 or 8 days.