IGNORED

Picked up my '99 RSV last night...

YamahaLarry

Going from a VStar 650 to a RSV is a HUGE upgrade. The RSV I purchased has 25.4k miles on it and seems to run very strong. Rode it 86 miles home and had an opportunity to test all of the electronics, including the cruise control and everything seems to be working fine.

The guy I purchased it from had removed ALL badging and I would like to at least put the tank badges back on, but have searched eBay and used google and have not been able to locate. I guess I may have to go to a local Yamaha dealer.

Bike has a few very minor scuffs, nothing major and one small dime size ding in the tank that I didn't notice in the pictures prior to purchasing, but I can live with it.

Overall, after 103 miles, I love the bike and hoping to get many years of service. I am 57 years old, put about 12k miles a year on a bike and if my arthritis keeps going at its pace on my joints, this may be my last bike to purchase.

Indeed Larry,, that is a HUGE step - but an awesome one!! I have been fighting that arthritis thingy for a few years now myself.. Hands, back and feet mixed with cold, wet weather = down for the count - know how ya feel. They said these coming years were gonna be our Golden Years,, good on ya for not waiting for the Gold to sample one of these fine bikes!!

All the best in finding some badges, getting her tweeked to your liking and than riding the socks off her!!

Welcome to the site of century!!

Puc

Congratulations!!

:worthless:

Them's da rules, without pictures it didn't happen!

Yeah, I should have known that. Same rules apply to other forums of which I am a member. Will put some on here this weekend after I get her washed and waxed.

Congrats on the purchase. Picked up my first Royal Star (RSTD) a few weeks ago. These things are definitely flying under the radar, the V4 motor is a jewel. Wouldn't bank on that last purchase pledge. At 65, the last four have been my last bike. Ride safe. :080402gudl_prv:

4xy-2416b-00-00 left side

4xy-2417b-00-00 right side

My usual supply house says $104.99 MSRP and $67.80 Cost...Ouch!

After further checking eBay, seems it would be cheaper to purchase a slightly damaged tank and rob them from it, then maybe resale the tank dirt cheap.

Thanks for the info.

Congrats on the new ride. On your emblems, maybe you can find a shop that does graphics and have them die cut you some stickers. Them emblems are pricey friend. Maybe just make you the star in a contrasting color or something sporty like that. I dont think I'd need $140 bucks worth of plastic emblems. You need to save money for safety chrome dude.

Congrats on the new ride. On your emblems, maybe you can find a shop that does graphics and have them die cut you some stickers. Them emblems are pricey friend. Maybe just make you the star in a contrasting color or something sporty like that. I dont think I'd need $140 bucks worth of plastic emblems. You need to save money for safety chrome dude.

JACKPOT!!!:cool10:

The guy I purchased the bike from called me during lunch today and he just happened to come across the tank badges while rumbling thru a storage shed this morning. He is dropping them in the mail tomorrow.

Also had the opportunity to talk to him a little more about the bike now that I have ridden it for 150 miles or so. It seems to have a small harmonic vibration in 4th gear at the 50-55 mph range. Not bad, but noticeable both audible and feel but goes away after accelerating to a higher speed or going up to 5th gear in that speed range. He said he never noticed it. Of course not.

But just wondering if others may have experienced that. Supposedly the valves were adjusted at 23k miles, but I don't think that would cause the vibration.

Glad you're getting the badges. I had the same issue with the '99 I purchased and this is what I did:

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr70/utadventure/1999%20Yamaha%20Venture/101_0744_zpse0cb501e.jpg

It turned out great, in my opinion.

The vibration may be a sign that a good carb sync may need to be done. Not difficult with the right tool.

Dave

SWEET! I like that better than the badges. But my 6 year old grand daughter has more artistic values than me.

I am a huge Auburn University fan and was opting to go with the big chrome AU and smaller chrome letters to spell Tigers prior to the phone call today.

Swap tanks with you. :lightbulb:

Glad you're getting the badges. I had the same issue with the '99 I purchased and this is what I did:

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr70/utadventure/1999%20Yamaha%20Venture/101_0744_zpse0cb501e.jpg

It turned out great, in my opinion.

The vibration may be a sign that a good carb sync may need to be done. Not difficult with the right tool.

Dave

:thumbsup: really nice Dave!!