IGNORED

Am I asking too little for my 03 Midnight?

ablumny

Hello friends. I'm not riding as much as I used to so I decided to test the market and listed my 03 Midnight on Craigslist for. $6500 and I 've been inundated with calls. I've got three guys coming over the weekend. I'm wondering if I priced it too low?..

I promise I'm not trying to solicit a sale here!....just opinions :)

Here's the story :

2003 Yamaha Midnight Venture

- Low Miles; 21,000

- One year old front tire, brand new rear tire

- Sirius Satellite Radio / Garmin GPS / Custom Audio Mixer

- Clearview Windscreen with vent

- new Hagon rear shock

- Drivers backrest

- Factory mufflers installed, set of Harley Road King Mufflers/brackets included

- Bike lift w/adapter for this bike

- Carbtune

- Full Face Helmet, couple of jackets in different sizes

- Cover, Rain Suit , Kuryakyn Pegs, Trunk Spoiler, LED rear lighting and lots of other little extras added on

This may work:

https://plus.google.com/photos/116811512302801092027/albums/5866684500407550993?banner=pwa

Thanks

Andrew

Edited by ablumny

My experience with Craigs is that if you are instantly inundated with phone calls and you have a buyers coming right over you might be to low.. The other side of that coin is the good old Craigs game, post it lots of interest - everybody wants it but no one shows or ya get the scammers.... Its give and take...

Around here,, and Muskegon Mi is a hurting area,, if you can get within a thou or two of low Nada retail your fortunate,, just aint a lot of disposable income around.. Kinda follows housing,, you can now by a house that was 300k 14 years ago in the 120's...

What you have is a very nice bike that is affordable.

I got a friend here in SC that I will tell about it. But, sounds like you will sell it this weekend. Unless you do a white lie and say you got a buyer. Then put it back out for more a week or so later.

He is looking at a 2004 RSV that has 6600 miles, white, mint but the guy wants $7900 and wont budge, too dang much for the year. His wife wants the white,,, go figure. I like Black and Chrome.

you might be a bit low, but not a lot. Prices in the US are less than up here in Canada and I paid 7500 for my 2003 raspberry last May, with about 44000 kms but our prices are higher up here, (probably close to a thousand bucks in my checking around last year)

Brian

Nice bike.

Last year I bought a 2007 midnight Venture for $5700 ,less miles , same bike as yours. I felt like I stole it. Your Venture is 11 years old & not being made anymore, IMO it is priced right .

Thx. Ya that's a great price. I'm feeling mine is fair but will stay firm.

Also want to note when selling something with $$$ do the transaction at your bank or credit union and have the $$ checked to verifi it's good and notorize the title when everything checks out

I been doing this for many years and when I stated this to the buyers they have no issue with it I have in the past come across a few who dint like it so I said no sale

Buddy

When I sold my '99 Virago it went quickly too. It was pristine and I sold it for $3700. Shortly after I saw the same year going for $5000 but not in as good of shape (mind you, they sat unsold for a while). I could have second guessed my price, but I sold it for what I thought it was worth (and the money came in handy at the time).

Price it too high and you have to wait for the right person to come along that will pay that much.

If it goes quickly but you get what you think is a fair price, then be happy. Value is in the mind's eye. But don't sell it for less than you think it is worth. People will try to low ball you.

Ideally get all three buyers there at the same time.

They may think about it less if they know there is a good chance that they will miss out.

As mentioned, cash only, there are a lot of fake cashiers checks and money orders floating around.

If none of them pulls the trigger on the deal then you can always re list it at a higher price and not feel bad about it. Then let them bargain it back down to your original $6500. Some people just can not / will not pay asking price whether it is a good deal or not.

Thanks everyone. Guy came tonight, stayed firm and it's done at $6500 cash.

Heck of a nice guy too. There are good people out there on Craigslist !

I'll stick around the forum. Told myself I was getting out of biking, but I'm eyeballing an fjr1300 ......

To be continued

Edited by ablumny

• 2 weeks later...

Well I lasted exactly one week without a bike! I picked up an 07 FJR1300 Saturday. Just paid my $12 renewal so I can keep my eye on things here :).

Joined the FJR owners forum, they've been good to me so far with my many questions... And a couple are or were venture riders as well. (I'll send them over if they aren't already here)

Anyway... The FJR is an amazing machine. Although, no auto canceling signals, no real cruise control, no carbs to sync, no stereo and no cassette deck!

Thanks for yeArs of support. I'll stick around !

Andrew

Well I lasted exactly one week without a bike! I picked up an 07 FJR1300 Saturday. Just paid my $12 renewal so I can keep my eye on things here :).

Joined the FJR owners forum, they've been good to me so far with my many questions... And a couple are or were venture riders as well. (I'll send them over if they aren't already here)

Anyway... The FJR is an amazing machine. Although, no auto canceling signals, no real cruise control, no carbs to sync, no stereo and no cassette deck!

Thanks for yeArs of support. I'll stick around !

Andrew

I love a good ending!