IGNORED

spin on filter

That does look great and I've been thinking about moving in this direction. What filters will fit this add-on? :think:

Thomas

Purolator L25288, or equivalent. I just had my Napa store cross reference that number since I'm a fan of the Napa gold filters.

1522 is the napa number I think. Its for a 2.5 gm motor if I remeber correctly. Well worth the money. That is the long filter, they do make a shorter one also

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

You are correct, it's the Napa 1522. Plenty of clearance but some might prefer a shorter filter.

I have the same setup on my 91. I use the purolator and have never looked back. Cant if its any better or worse as far as filtering but it is a lot easier to change and the up side at least for my bike is an extra half quart of oil so bike seems to run a bit cooler.............seems to but that could be just me

David

i just got one too for my 84. i see where some of the other filters that fit it have check valves. would it matter one way or another?

Any good filter is going to have a check valve, often referred to as an "anti drainback valve". This makes sure the filter is full of oil at startup.

I have yet to install mine yet. The one I bought has basically a pipe nipple that threads into the plate and of course into the enging. I was contemplating using red loctite on the nipple to adapter union and blue on the nipple to engine union. Thoughts?

I just don't want the plate to loosen unless I want it to.