IGNORED

Diamond Accessories or Utopia?

Ok, it is time to buy a backrest. I need your help.

Diamond Accessories or Utopia?

In the picture they look almost the same.

Either one looks like it would match the stock seat.

I know how the Utopia mounts but not the Diamond Acc.

I think they both fold for access to the passenger seat.

Can they be easily removed without hardware sticking out in between the seats?

Can they be pretty much universally adjusted, and more important, will they stay there?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

I had a Utopia a few years ago before swapping to a Corbin seat. I can tell you that at that time, there was no quick removal. They install easily and remove easily but you have to remove the seat and unbolt it to remove.

I think that the Diamond R is almost exactly the same in how it mounts and adjusts. They both have a screw that is turned in or out to adjust the angle. I think there are about 2 or 3 adjustments for height if I remember correctly.

They are very near the same.

Joe, I have the DiamondR backrest and I love it. It matches the seat with the lines as well as the studds. It does have two areas of adjustment. You have to remove the drivers seat to install the backrest with two bolts that hold on the passenger seat. Easy installment. If I can do it, so can anyone else.

:canada::7_6_3[1]::canada:

I have the Utopia and find it great....I would say they are much the same. You may want to check the delivery with Utopia.....It took me a month or more to get the mine.....they usually give you a expected ship date on their site.

Keith

Guest Saddletramp

I have the Diamond R and am impressed with the quality of it and was more impressed with the fast service. Easy installation, you must remove the drivers seat, that's not a big deal. The seat back matches the seat to where you would think it was factory. I ordered the seat and it arrived within 5-6 days as I recall.

I have had the chance to own both the Diamond R and Utopia back rests. Both are quality products, the Diamond R installs much easier than the Utopia. The Utopia will require possible drilling out two holes under the seat and can be a pain in the backside to install the first time. Took me 45 minutes to install it where as the Diamond R took all of 10 minutes. So for ease of installation the Diamond R is hands down the easiest.

Now for me the Diamond R did not have the adjustments in it to allow me to feel comfortable on the bike, it felt like the backrest was pushing me forward in the seat. I ended up putting my feet on my highway pegs and pushing back until I bent the bracket to allow for a better feel. Never had a problem with it after that.

The Utopia had much more adjustability in it and felt better for me and I can adjust it easily while stopped at a traffic signal. There was no adjusting the Diamond R because I had it at it's limits when I bent the bracket farther back to keep from being pushed forward.

My choice is the Utopia, but if you are hoping to get it quick Diamond R will get it to you within a week in most cases and the folks at Diamond R are super to work with and have top quality products.