IGNORED

Magazine

Bubbajbi

So is anyone else annoyed by this!

I go into the store to pick up a bike magazine hoping to find one that has some tips and tricks that I can use on my bike.

I try V-twin because I know that they have a good mix of metric bikes. No luck. They really only have "chopper" style bikes and upgrades. Good magazine but not what I am looking for.

I see one called called Sport rider but a quick glance through that one reveals exactly what I thought: it is dedicated exclusively to crotch rockets.

Oh, there is one! It is called Baggers. Surely it has some articles on metric touring bikes. Well that's odd. After searching the pages, I now see it caters exclusively to Harley riders.

Is there a magazine out there that I might be interested in? Are the only magazines out there only full of Harleys?

Don't get me wrong, if you ride a Harley, I have nothing against you. That is what you like and that's fine but what about the rest of us that don't want a bike just like the guy down the street? Is there a magazine for us or are we out of luck?

I ride with several guys (not to mention the ones from this site) that have non-Harley baggers and feel the same way I do. If there is not a magazine out there than I think that the magazine companies are missing a huge demagraphic. Hopefully they will tap into it some day. In the mean time, if someone knows of a magazine that they want to recomend, please do.

:soapbox:

Ok, my rant is done.

Brent

Rider is a decent one but I have to agree with Brent. There is definitely a divider between American made motorcycles and Metric motorcyles. I've looked at the one about Baggers to notice the same thing... only Harleys. If there is always going to be a division between the two (American vs Metric), and I think there will be, then the Metric market needs a Bagger/ Touring magazines exclusively for Metric motorcycles. I would definitely subscribe to it. :2cents:

I have a favorite magazine to read the latest tips and tricks for maintaining and modifying my RSV.

The writers are quite interested in helping the RSV rider and most have very enjoyable writing style.

The photos are all in color and very glossy!!!!

A great want adds section and many pointers to save $ on parts and accessories purchases.

Most of the modifications are tested my several writers so you get varied points of view on all of them.

Another point is the inexpensive price for a subscription. You don't have to give up your Cappuccino to pay for it!!!!!

Click HERE to subscribe.

After you read it, please post here on weather it is a good read!!!!!!

Thanks for all the input. The Motorcycle cruiser mag really peaked my interest. If I can get my hands on one issue to check it out, I may subscribe to it. I used to have a subscription to V-twin but I stopped when I sold my old bike just because I was more interested in baggers.

Thanks,

Brent

I recently found two mags that I like.

RoadBike magazine - dedicated to metric bikes - mainly cruisers but some rockets

and

Motorcycle Classics - classic bikes and restorations including quite a few metric bikes despite what you may expect.

I've had the same disappointment with what can be found at typical newsstands, but I now subscribe to and recommend both of these mags.

Rider magazine is where I found out about many great rides including the T.W.O. campground in N. Georgia that my wife and I rode to in 1982 as part of a ride to the Knoxville Worlds Fair.

The web site makes you think they are really focused in on sport bikes, but I think they also cover touring bikes and cruisers about as much as anyone, probably more.

I used to subscribe, but haven't in many years, so I ordered a free issue (got to remember to cancel subscription if I don't like it!) to see what they are like now.

Rider isn't bad, I just get tired of the non-stop pestering I receive from them between issues asking me to buy this book, or that book, or upgrade to lifetime member. Meh... I just want the magazine. I get enough junk mail as it is.

The magazine itself isn't bad. It has some nice bike comparisons, both sportbike and cruisers, and some really good "trip" articles. I haven't tried any of the others mentioned here, so I really can't give you a comparison.

The two that I know of is: www.cruisingrider.com and www.RoadBikeMag.com Cruising rider has a mixture of metrics, American and European bikes including cruisers and touring bikes. RoadBike as has been mentioned is dedicated to metrics. In a November 2005 issue they had a great write up on the Midnight V and is the main cover picture.:7_2_104[1]:

The two that I know of is: www.cruisingrider.com and www.RoadBikeMag.com Cruising rider has a mixture of metrics, American and European bikes including cruisers and touring bikes. RoadBike as has been mentioned is dedicated to metrics. In a November 2005 issue they had a great write up on the Midnight V and is the main cover picture.:7_2_104[1]:
Cruising Rider is now integrated with Rider magazine.