IGNORED

Planning a repaint

Planning a repaint on my 83. As good as it is mechanically is as bad as it looks. I have about 10 auto repaints under my belt, so I am pretty comfortable on technical, but I am just not artistic. Any thoughts of a good color combo and two-tone paint lines would be appreciated. Thinking Black metallic and gun metal metallic, dark blue/blue frost or forest green metallic.

Thoughts?

I can tell by the colors that you have mentioned that yours and my tastes are very different.

I fall into the same category where all of my artistic ability would fit in a small thinble with plenty of room left over. That is why I am planning a single color paint scheme with a contrasting color (most likely black, maybe even flat black) for all of the trim parts. I hope to have NO chrome left visible when I am done.

As far as lines for a 2 tone, you could follow the stock lines with your new colors.

My son repainted his '83 and did a great job.

I have an '86 Black/Gold Venture, he liked the gold but wanted something else instead of the black. He decided on maroon. The bike paint turned out great, unfortunately, when it was done was when we realized that the bike should now be turned over to Iron Man.

Have fun and don't forget the pics!

Dave

check out my pics on my profile of what scheme i came up with. i have had lots of compliments on it.

of all the painted ventures i love " Venturous " purple metalflake the best, it really looks sweet.

have fun and looking forward to seeing what you come up with

Someone in this area did an A&W theme on his VR. I wish I had taken pics because it sounds not so good but the brown base with orange two tone looked amazing. He used the OEM pattern.

I think it was this guy.......can't remember if he is a member here or not.