IGNORED

Mark Hopey

Skid

I'm not on the bike this weekend. The wife and I are in the Jeep attending some seminars at Ridgecrest all weekend. May have a few hours if free time tomorrow and drive down the Chimney Rock. The wife never been there and the weather should be excellent. I wished I had time to get together and ride a but while I'm here. But I will be back again. Thanks...

I think s out Mark often when I think of all the good times I had at the KIA campground. Being here this weekend really hit home.

This one brings a smile and a tear at the same time. Mark and I were sitting at the camp spirit table in Ashville one morning when Mark (being Mark and teasing me) said "Old man,when I get as old as you are I hope I can still ride like you do." I told him in the sprit of that moment "Ya keep riding that 2nd Gen you will never make it!!" I thought he was gone to fall off the bench laughing!! He said "You never miss a chance do you. You Old ..........." We talked bikes a lot that trip. I like to think I passed a little to him. He will be not be forgotten.

When I went to my 1st Maintenance Day Mark was suppose to go but couldn't at the last minute. Annie had made name tags that year and there was one for Mark. I grabbed it to bring back to him but of course forgot to do so. Ever since then it has been in my saddle bag. I never took it out and never will. If I am in the bike he is always riding with me. Couldn't of to many others I would enjoy having ride with me every time.

Ride Happy Ride Safe