IGNORED

Front Fork Sag

Hey no problem...and who IS this imposter? Another Brian?

lol

Ooops...he joined before me...ok...maybe I'm the imposter!! Thats it!

Lesseee...who can I impersonate next?

Hey Brian, isn't it sweet that Great Minds are named right??

Brian

• 9 years later...

Hey Lo-tech here. Got the forks off, so too late for the first measure. measure 5" total travel available, the stock spring has 12" plus to coil bind. On my 99 with 15K miles the stock springs are sticking out 7/8" plus 3/4 of cap thickness, thinking about adding an 1" or so of spacer before putting them back together. I weigh 175 nekked (go ahead try to erase that image) and ride towards the sprited side on rough Wisconsin roads. Put in 447 cc of 10 weight and will add about 105cc of 15 weight to each leg and button it up. Edit; Went out and got a horse syringe and did the oil to 5" instead, Prefer spacers to air pressure in my forks. used 1" pvc caps for the spacers drilled a hole for air if needed. but haven't got them in yet, this might get painful, 1 1/2" is a lot of spring to compress while starting the cap threads!

I have a Shinko 777HD 130/90/16 front tire on, and fresh shinko 777HD on the rear, fresh tapered bearings and am changing to FJR1300 calipers. next up will be longer rear shock links and check the swing arm bushings.

Edited by gggGary